The big surprise

Harry's POV

-----------------

I woke up this morning, Draco was already awake and had his arms around me, he was looking deep but softly into my eyes as I slowly opened them. The morning light from outside shone through the window right onto the bed and I felt the warm rays against me. It was Saturday. I was relieved because that meant I got to take a break from teaching. Don't get me wrong, I love it, I really do, but sometimes it can be a bit tiring, especially with the third and fourth years. They are all in their 'rebel years' so it can be really hard to get them to listen sometimes. Nonetheless, I have really enjoyed the last two months of teaching.

"Good morning, chosen one." Draco said to me in a soothing voice and a soft smile.

"Morning," I replied in a more sleepy voice.

"I have a surprise for you today," Draco continued.

"Oh, what is it?" I asked a bit more awake now.

"Well, it's a surprise so you will find out when it's time to." Draco laughed softly.

He then kissed me before getting out of bed and going over to our wardrobe. He got dressed and then came back over to me, held my hands and pulled me out of bed to my feet.

"Get dressed and then you will be one step closer to getting your surprise," He winked at me and left the room down into the classroom.

When I was finished getting changed, I left the room but much to my surprise, Draco wasn't there. I thought he must have gone to get breakfast so I went to meet him at the Great Hall. Although, when I got there, he was still nowhere to be seen. I went to sit down at the Gryffindor table with Ron and Hermione and I asked them if they knew where Draco had gone.

"One minute he was in my classroom and the next, he was gone. I don't suppose you've seen him have you?" I explained messily.

Ron and Hermione looked at each other and exchanged a smile. Without saying anything, Hermione slid me note across the table. It was a neatly folded bit of parchment and when I opened it, I knew Draco had written it. His beautiful handwriting was like no other, I have seen him write, he looks like he puts no effort into it yet the letters are all perfectly in line and symmetrical with each other. He also writes in a very fancy font. His writing is very different to mine, I have messy handwriting and my words aren't neat at all but it is neat enough to read at least.

Ishow no tyo urfac ebu tyo urge arts desire

Xxx

I knew what this note meant. It was the beginning of a clue trail and this one was leading me to the very familiar glass mirror that I have looked into many times.

I smiled at my two friends as they gave me a nod. I walked off, note in hand, walking quickly and excitedly towards the old abandoned room that held the Mirror of Erised. No one has ever done anything like this for me before. It was all quite exciting even if it was just a game.

When I reached the room, the next note was stuck to the glass, this meant I had to step in front of the mirror. I stepped forwards cautiously like I did every time, and I saw Draco and I laughing together. We looked a bit older, maybe in our twenties but still young. I smiled at the image before taking the next note from the mirror.

The room we were to have a duel in but I blabbed on you to Filch in first year.

See you soon!

The trophy room. I remember that night, the first time we saw Fluffy and almost got caught by Filch. It was silly of me to even think I could take on Draco at that point. He had grown up in a family full of wizards and witches and I had only been told about magic a few months prior. "

"Something wasn't right in that brain of mine when I was eleven," I laughed to myself.

I entered the trophy room and went to the note that I saw immediately. It was right next to my dad's name on the quidditch trophy. I opened the note and more beautiful writing greeted me.

Where did I spy on you in first year before getting us all thrown into the forbidden forest as detention?

Almost at the end x

I knew where this one was for sure! I felt so angry that night when Draco had snitched on us to Mcgonagal but I felt a bit happier when I was paired with him in the first. I didn't let that show though, obviously.

I walked through the cool air outside. It was November now and winter was coming soon. As I neared Hagrid's hut, I smiled and waved at him through the window as he did to me. The note was on one of the giant pumpkins outside. I took it and read,

Your trail ends at our special place. Be there at 12 sharp.

Love you

Xxx

I checked the time just before I left the castle and it was 11:50am so I started walking over to the last spot. I walked slowly as I had ten minutes. I decided to go around the castle instead of through it because the weather was so calming.

I reached the spot and saw Draco sitting there waiting for me, looking out over the black lake.

"Why hello, fancy seeing you here," I joked.

He stood up and then led me over the tree roots that were dividing us. We sat down on the blanket he had set up and there was a basket full of sweet smelling treats. There was also a bouquet of flowers sticking out of the basket. He quickly reached over and grabbed them before holding them out to me,

"For you,"

I felt my cheeks go pinkish. I wonder why he was doing all of this, I hadn't done anything special or important in the last few days so I'm not sure what is the reason behind it. I'm not complaining though.

I took the flowers from him and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you love," I said.

He then held my hand as we sat in silence looking out over the lake. It wasn't awkward at all, it was actually quite relaxing and we both just enjoyed each other's company. After a few minutes Draco started to talk softly.

"What a beautiful sight,"

"Yes, the water does look a beautiful colour," I agreed with him.

"Not the lake, you." He said without looking away from the lake. He was smiling but a silence fell again.

"I don't think anyone would ever understand how much you mean to me. I mean you mean more to me than even I can understand." He said after another minute or so.

My cheeks flushed a red colour and I looked at him but realised he was still smiling and looking out to the lake. I felt so happy at that moment, I was so relaxed and comfortable there with him and I felt like nothing could be better than this. Well, that's what I thought.

"Do you know how lucky you make me feel. The joy I get from waking up with you in my arms every day. The way you look so peaceful when you sleep. But you always look perfect anyways." He continued.

"I could spend months alone with just you and still be excited for another day. I would do anything for you. Funny to think that just a few years ago we hated each other." He laughed.

"I want to spend every day for the rest of my life with you Harry Potter." He said as he held my hands and stood up with me.

He then did something I only dreamed of him doing, he knelt down on one knee and got out a small box from his pocket.

It was a box with rounded corners and it was a deep green colour. The material of it looked soft. He slowly opened the box and inside I could see a silver ring, covered in diamonds and in the center, there was an emerald. It glistened in the sun and so did a tear that rolled from Draco's eye.

"Harry James Potter, will you marry me?" He said with a nervous but happy smile on his face.

I looked at him in disbelief for a second or two. This couldn't be real could it? Nonetheless, I smiled more than I ever have before and threw my arms around him.

"Yes!" I exclaimed happily.

Hapy tears now coming from my eyes too. I couldn't believe it, my dream really had come true.