{3} The Way Out

***

***

(TW *Trigger warning*- Gore is in the italicized text. If you are not comfortable with that then please skip it.)

It took a long while for Alex to actually go to sleep. Every time she would close her eyes, the image of Conny's pale, grey body flashed in her mind. She knew that this image was going to haunt her for a long time. Eventually, she was finally able to sleep... But not peacefully. After everything she had just gone through, what with finding her sibling dead and finding out her mother was giving them away to be eaten, she couldn't seem to have anything.

The dream started off in the tunnel. There was one light shining down on the truck where they had found Conny. The curtain that hid the little girl's body was gone, showing off the dead body that laid before Alex. The wide eyes, never blinking, just seemed to stare into Alexandra's soul. They were burning holes into her. She could even hear the question they were asking her.

Conny's eyes were basically screaming, "Why'd you let me die? If you had gotten there sooner then you would have been able to save me." The words suddenly came out of Conny's mouth making Alex's mouth drop open.

Just then, out of the shadows came one of those demons from before. Alex watched helplessly as the demon picked up Conny's body in its long talon-like nails. The demon lifted the body like it was nothing before dropping it in his mouth and biting down on it. Blood went everywhere and soaked Alex.

Alex looked down at her blood-soaked hands with wide eyes. She could feel her breathing quicken and her eyes start to get blurry. Black spots started to appear in her vision before she finally startled awake.

Bolting up in her bed, the first thing Alex did was check her hands. She didn't see any blood on her hands, but it was like she could still feel it. She felt someone grabbing her shoulders and asking her if she was okay, but she couldn't respond to what they were asking. She looked over at the person with wide, tearful eyes.

It was Norman. Norman was looking at her with eyes full of worry. Alex could hear him ask again what was wrong, but instead of answering, she said, "I can feel it, but it's not there."

Norman spoke in a soft voice. He didn't want to scare her any more than she probably already was. He put a small, comforting smile on his face and asked her, "What's not there? What happened, Alex?"

The girl turned her attention back to her hand. It was suddenly like her vision was flashing. One minute the blood would be there and the next it wouldn't be there. She whispered quietly, "The blood. There's-" Alex cut herself off as the blood flashed in again. She started to cry. "There's blood on my hands."