{19} Blatant Trap

***

***

The room that the four of them stood in was still lit up despite it being night. Sister Krone must've been waiting for them for quite a while. The said woman closed the door whenever they walked inside which Alex felt a little weary about. It was a good thing so the wrong people wouldn't overhear, but also a bad thing. This could easily be a trap for them and her closing the door made it hard for them to escape from it.

Sister Krone walked to stand beside the desk in the corner of the room. She stared down at them and was basically towering over them, "Fire away, kids!"

"Are you sure we can ask you about anything?" Norman inquired. He stood close to the door. It seemed like he was prepared for any type of trap that she might have set up. What if she had Mom outside the door so she could listen in to the conversation? Seeing as Sister Krone worked against Isabella, it wasn't too likely. It was still something to keep in mind though.

"Oh, yes," Sister Krone put her hands together with a smile stretched across her face, "Anything, whether it's about the farm, the headquarters, or-"

Norman cut her off, "How about 'what it feels like to be an adult who murders children?'" He cut right to the chase. He didn't want to deal with Sister Krone's rambling. That was understandable. They only came here for answers.

The look he had gotten from the Sister was one that sent shivers down Alex's spine. Sister Krone's face was plain as she bent over and placed a hand on her heart. She gave her reply, "Yes. I can answer that too, and anything else you'd like to know."

"Then..," Emma trailed off. She held out her hand like she was expecting something, "Show us that thing. The device you adults use to track us kids."

A smirk spread across Sister Krone's face, "Oh... Of course," She pulled it out and Norman was quick to take it from her. The first thing he did once it was in his grasp was to examine it. "What do you think? Pretty simple, isn't it?" Sister Krone questioned him. "You can't really identify who each mark represents," She crossed her arms, "But I'm impressed that you already knew about the trackers."

Norman opened up the watch, "Yeah. Mama showed us once."

"She made it pretty obvious too," Alex said as she took the device from Norman so she could examine it herself. The outside of it was a pretty good disguise. You would never question a watch to be anything else besides what it looks like. The demons were definitely smart. She just hoped that they were able to outsmart them.

"But we don't know where they are or how to destroy them," Norman told the woman.

"And that's why you can't escape, huh?" Sister Krone asked.