{17} Doomed

***

***

Emma ran out into the hallway with Ray, Norman, and Alex behind her. The three of them were walking so it was hard to keep up with Emma. The girl was running at top speed toward the direction that Don and Gilda had taken off in. They rounded a corner and the two they had been searching for stood there. Don was hunched over and he looked more sad than upset now. Gilda stood with him and her head turned to them when she heard Emma running toward them.

"Don, Gilda!" Emma exclaimed.

"Emma..." Don and Gilda said. They looked at her in shock. They probably weren't expecting her to run after them after everything that had happened in the dining room.

The orange-haired girl stopped in her tracks, "I'm sorry! I was being naive. I made such a stupid decision. I should have trusted you guys!" The last part of what she said surprised the two of them. "Thanks for having faith in us... And making me realize how wrong we were."

The other three walked up from behind Emma. Norman was the first one to speak up, "Apologies from us, too."

"Yeah, we should've had more faith in you guys," Alex stated. They thought not telling them would protect them and it only hurt them more. Them finding out the truth the way they did was something they could've avoided if they had come clean about everything from the beginning.

"Ah! No... Uh..," Don was still fairly surprised by the sudden apologies. It took him a bit to be able to think of what exactly to say, "I'm sorry too, for getting too heated and punching you guys! You guys oka-" Don cut himself off. He started marching to Norman and Ray, "Well, obviously not! Let's head over to the infirmary now!"

Norman waved him off, "Haha, we're fine!"

Don joined Gilda's side. The two of them looked like they were upset still. "We're sorry for acting on our own, too," Gilda told them. They were no longer upset with the other four, but with themselves. What they had done was definitely risky and it could've ruined everything if Mom had found them.

"Yeah..," Don agreed, "Ray definitely has all the rights to be mad after what we did."

"Just... We're really..." Gilda trailed off. Both Don and Gilda were trembling. They were basically hunching over because of how much guilt they felt for not listening the first time.

"Don't worry about it," Alex shrugged, "It's too late to change it now." She then smiled at them to make them feel even a little bit better.

Norman turned to Ray with a grin, "Come on, Ray."

The said boy scratched the side of his head, "Ahhh, whatever. Forget it! I'll make sure to cover for you guys if anything happens," His hand rested on the back of his neck, "I'm... Also sorry for... Stuff I did."