{21} Destroy!! Inspection

***

***

The whole house had eaten the food that was laid out on the table. The main six made sure to make it seem like they weren't planning anything and Alex thought they were doing pretty well. They were just eating, talking, laughing, all the usual stuff. Sister Krone hadn't shown up for dinner which was a little weird to her. Alex tried not to dwell on it too much, but she couldn't help it. She wondered where the woman had been. Maybe she was doing some chores for Mom that kept her too busy to come and eat with them.

Not long after they had got done eating, all of the kids were let outside for playtime. Just like always, the group went away from the other kids to talk about their plans. Ray was not with them this time seeing as he was currently with Mom. He was distracting her while they were doing the inspection that was today.

"We'll carry out our escape plan within six days. But if possible, I'd like to make our escape tomorrow..," Norman explained. Don nodded which showed that he understood. Norman continued, "Before Mama or Sister Krone can make their move. We can destroy the trackers."

Alex was once again brought back to thinking about where Sister Krone was. She was expecting her to see her walking around the house while doing chores after they had all started going outside, but she didn't see the woman at all. The redheaded girl shook her head. She needed to focus on the situation at hand.

Turning to look at Don and Gilda, Emma said, "All we have left is the investigation. Let's go. As long as this goes well, we're ready to leave."

"Then let's get started," Alex stated with a firm nod. Everyone was determined to make sure that this inspection went well. It had to go well. They needed it to go well. It was then that the inspection plan started. Norman, Emma, and Alex ran as fast as they could into the forest and into the direction of the wall. It didn't take them long to make it to the wall at the pace they were going in. Emma climbed up a nearby tree and pulled out the rope that they had hidden inside it. She jumped down and shared a look with the other two. Norman nodded. They started heading toward the wall when they heard a sound from the bushes. The three of them stopped and turned in the direction of the sound. "You guys hear that too?" Alex asked.

"Emma..." Norman trailed off.

"Yeah!" Emma exclaimed. She tossed the rope into the bushes that were nearby. Finally, they could see the person that had made the noise. Mom walked into their field of vision with a smile on her face. Alex's gaze moved to Mom's hand which held the watch that was wide open. "Mama?" Emma inquired with a smile, "What's up?"

"Is it already time to go back?" Alex flashed the woman a grin as well.

Mom just closed her watch, the smile never falling from her face. The woman closed her eyes and she looked at peace in a way, "Ten years," Emma hummed in confusion. "For ten whole years... We've all lived together. But I suppose this is the first time we speak to each other without any acting involved," The three children continued to stare at her in false confusion. It was probably hopeless to keep up the innocent act, but they still feigned ignorance. Mom placed a hand on her chest, "Nice to meet you, Emma. Nice to meet you, Norman. Nice to meet you, Alex."