{37} Sonju and Mujika

***

***

There was nowhere to run. Alex, Emma, and Ray were trapped between the hooded demons which meant they have no escape. If they ran in the direction of the girl then they would be caught and same with the man behind them. The feeling of just wanting to get out of here was all Alex was feeling, but she knew that she couldn't. They still had no idea where the others were and she couldn't leave until the three of them were with the others.

Alex cast a glance at the other two. The two of them looked ready to run at any minute as well. Emma looked worried and she didn't try to hide it. Ray was covering up his worry with a smirk, "Those are demons' feet, right?" He was right. All it took was one look down to see the girl's feet which obviously belonged to a demon. Ray glanced back at the man, Sonju from what the girl said, "Well? Why did you go to all this trouble for mere cattle like us?"

"Why would you save us?" Alex asked as well. She needed to know why two demons would go to all of the trouble of saving them. They were just food to them so why? Did they just save them to eat them? Luring them in so they can make them feel safe and then attack them when they least expect it?

"Hey, Mujika, you've gone too far," Sonju said. He didn't even bother to answer the questions that were thrown at him. "You always take the wrong approach." Ray started to look panicked at this. What was the demon talking about?

"That's why you came, to help?" Mujika's face was turned toward the man. They weren't able to see the top part of her face so they had no idea who she was actually looking at. "But your timing's pretty bad, you know!"

"What's the matter with them?" Sonju bent down to look at the three kids. "They look awful..." He was probably right. They had been running in the forest for a few days and obviously weren't able to take a shower or bath. The three of them also looked scared to death because of the unfortunate situation they were in. Alex could feel herself starting to sweat bullets. She was starting to wonder if it was because she was scared or actually still sick.

"Why... Did you help..." Ray's voice was shaky. He wasn't able to finish his sentence since he couldn't seem to find his voice anymore. It was like it disappeared the instance that he needed it the most.

"They're like that because you're hovering over them with that thing, Sonju," Mujika told him. Sonju had a long spear with a sharp blade at the end of it over his shoulder. That was definitely one thing that made him very intimidating. The thing they were most worried about was the fact that both of their saviors were actually demons. "The poor things are terrified!"

"Nonsense. What about the little ones over there?" Sonju was quick to defend himself. 'The little ones?' The others! It had to be them! Mujika was leading them to the others before they found out everything. Were the kids okay? Were they even... Still alive? "Though, sure, I do recommend taking care not to touch it!"