{11} Traitor: Part 1

***

***

All the three kids had been able to do was stare at Norman in shock. He wanted to escape in ten days... Was that even possible? Could they accomplish everything they needed to before then? What if Ray couldn't find a way to destroy the transmitters before the ten days were up? Alex was always confident in Norman's plans. But this just seemed way too unlikely. There was no way that they would be able to escape in just ten days. That was way too short of a time.

Emma threw herself at Norman and placed her hands on his shoulders, "Woah, woah, woah!! Isn't that too much of a rush?! Not that I mind..."

"I mind!" Ray cut the girl off by hitting her on the head. He turned to start lecturing Norman, "Mama's goal is to restrict us. That's why 'she won't take action until we do.' Doesn't that mean we have time then?!"

"We need to plan more, right?" Alex asked. She was joining Ray in trying to get him to change his mind. They needed more time. Ten days wasn't enough to accomplish what they need to. What was Norman even thinking? "We don't have a set plan yet! Why rush something when we have plenty of time to wait and plan?"

Norman just smiled his usual smile, "Yeah, that's exactly why."

"What do you mean?" Emma inquired.

"If we're able to figure out that much, Mama definitely sees things that way as well. Our goal is to become unpredictable to her!" Norman exclaimed. The element of surprise was definitely a good thing to have. Alex had to agree with him there. "Either way, it's also better for us if we make our escape before winter comes. Anyways, ten days is plenty of time! We had no idea what Mama's next move would be, so we've been preparing at a very quick pace. All we have to do now is to finish up those preparations within the next ten days. Mama has no intentions of hiding that she has a spy among us in the first place. She isn't necessarily making it obvious either, but if she truly wanted to hide the fact from us, she would make the Sister at least act like she's monitoring us, the four eldest. She's trying to trick us into thinking that we have time. As soon as we get rid of these transmitters, we have to get out of here right away."

"Okay, it definitely makes more sense when you explain it," Alex stated. He honestly should have just led with that. It would have spared him from getting lectured by Ray and bombarded with questions from her.

Norman nodded, "Once we break it to them, our next move is to figure out whether they are the spies or not. Let's try something first."

Emma shot him a curious look, "Try what?"

"Telling them where the ropes are hidden," Norman replied.