{44} B06-32: Part 3

***

***

Not long after Alex had laid eyes on the strange man, the others came piling into the room. As expected, they were also quite surprised at the sight that was before them. If this was William Minerva... He really didn't look like it. He looked like a British man who worked in the mafia. Nobody said anything, just stared at the man before them. The man, which Alex had decided to just call Mister, just stared back at them.

"Welcome..," Finally, the long silence was broken by Mister. He had a big smirk on his face, "To shelter B06-32." No one said anything still. They just continued to examine the man. He had his feet up on the table which caused Alex to scrunch her nose at him. Mister dropped a cookie into his mouth and chewed it with an open mouth. The cup in his hand had multiple cracks in it, but he still held it up like he was drinking it. There was no way that any liquid was in there.

The sight before Alex was not anything to be impressed with at all. She highly doubted that this man could be Minerva. The message they got from Minerva showed that he was a dignified and respectful person. This guy was far from it. The vibe he gave off wasn't exactly a pleasant one either. Alex leaned toward Ray and Emma as she whispered, "There's something off about this guy so be careful."

Ray nodded while Emma replied, "Got it," Emma figured it was time to speak with the man. She spoke in a loud and determined voice, "Are you Minerva?"

This caused Mister to scowl at them, "Nope," He didn't seem to be happy when Minerva was mentioned. Did this mean he had a bad run-in with the man? Or was it something else? Mister grabbed another cookie and smirked at them once again, "Too bad for you, kids. I'm not William Minerva."

"I would be surprised if he was," Alex muttered to herself. Thankfully, Mister hadn't heard her comment. She didn't want to have to explain herself for that one. Mister would most definitely not be pleased with her explanation for the comment.

"Then please call him," Ray instantly took charge of the conversation. "We came all the way here in order to meet Minerva."

"He ain't here, chum!" Mister spoke with a mouth full of cookies. Pushing aside their obvious disgust, this caused everyone to worry. Minerva wasn't here? Sure, the possibility was always there, but Alex didn't want to have to worry about it. Now the worst-case scenario was the reality. Mister noticed their worry, "What a shame, huh? No Minervas around here, at all."

All hell broke loose just like outside. The kids were starting to freak out at the new information. Alicia was squeezing Mark's cheeks with aggression and the others looked ready to fly off the wall. Alex just sighed and tried her best to keep from facepalming, "Here we go again."

Since no one else was telling the kids to calm down, Ray decided to. He turned to them and waved his hand at them, "Calm down," Ray stepped in front of everyone so Mister's attention would be on him. Mister reached for another cookie from the tin. Alex could see Mark drooling over the cookies from the corner of her eyes.  "Clearly, you know of Minerva, too. Where is he right now?"