{10} Control

***

***

It was earlier in the day. Everyone was doing their chores. Norman, Ray, Emma, and Alex were stuck on laundry duty. Norman and Ray had two big sticks that they used to put the clothes on the clothing line and to take them off. Emma and Alex were holding two baskets, getting ready for the clothes to be taken off once they were dry. Norman had just explained to Emma about the idea of playing tag in teams.

"Play tag in teams?" Emma inquired.

"Yeah," Ray replied. He had his back turned to her, "The vast majority of us will die if we try to escape individually."

Alex shot the boy a look, "You didn't have to put it so bluntly." She knew that he wouldn't have said it any other way though. Ray was just a blunt person who always told the truth no matter if you wanted to hear it or not. That could sometimes be a good thing... But also a bad thing. Sure, some people enjoy hearing the truth, but the way he says it comes out bad.

Ray just ignored the girl who scolded him, "Still, I think all of the kids had pretty decent moves. We've also collected some new data."

"'We'll be able to escape if we do so in teams.'" Norman quoted.

"And to do that..," Emma had a thoughtful look on her face, "We have to train by playing tag in teams as well..." She trailed off.

"For now, I'm just going to have you and Alex memorize ten types of team formations," Ray said. Alex gave him a look. Ten? How has he come up with ten already? Ray really was one of the smartest kids here. Alex was smart too, but there was no way that she could match up to Norman and Ray's level.

Emma stared at Ray with surprise, "By ear?"

"Too hard for you?" Ray smirked.

A smile broke out on Emma's face, "Nope, a piece of cake!"

"Hit us with all you got," Alex stated. She was just hoping that she could remember them all. If she could remember the plot lines of most of the books that she's read then it shouldn't be too hard to remember the formations... Right?

***

Finally, since they were able to play outside, they got to try playing tag in small teams. It had worked out pretty well from the first game that they played. They needed a little more work, but that was expected since they just started doing it in teams. It would take some practicing and some getting used to. Alex had a lot of confidence in this plan seeing as it came from Norman. He always had the best ideas and plans.