{36} The Rescue

***

***

What happened? All Alex knew was that Emma had passed out. Is she okay? Why was it so dark? The only thing she saw was darkness. Was she in a dark place? Wait... No, that wasn't it. Her eyes were closed. Slowly, she started to become more aware of what she was feeling and hearing. She was warm and laying on something hard. Alex could swear that she heard the faint sound of people calling her name. Someone was shaking too.

"What the hell?" Alex managed to get out. Her voice barely came out, though the people who were there with her were able to hear it. A sigh of relief came from one of them. Alex opened her eyes and could see two blobs standing over her. As her vision started to clear up, she was finally able to make out the blobs. It was Ray and Emma standing over her. "Oh, hey. How's it going?" She sat up and looked around at her surroundings. They were in some kind of cave.

"Is that really all you have to say?!" Ray asked her. His eyes were wide showing that he was clearly surprised by her lack of awareness. Anybody else would have been wondering how they got where they were, but not her.

"Never mind that!" Emma quickly cut in, "Are you okay, Alex?"

The redheaded girl went to answer when she suddenly stopped. There was something off. There was something here that she should notice. Alex held up a hand to stop either of them from saying anything, "Hold on... Something's up," Silence rang in the air for a moment. That's when it hit her. Alex whipped her head around to look at Ray with wide eyes, "You're okay!" She hugged him tightly. They hadn't lost him. He was still here with them. Alex was grateful that the boy hadn't died like Norman did.

"You can really be dense sometimes," And of course, he had to ruin a touching moment. Alex pulled away from him to punch him in the arm. He let out a small noise of pain, "What was that f-" Ray cut himself off when he saw her watery eyes.

A smile appeared on Alex's face, "I'm glad you're okay," She turned to Emma, "And you too." She and everyone else had been really worried when the girl just fell over like that. Emma just acted like nothing was wrong as usual. That was one thing she needed to stop doing.

"We're glad that you seem to be fine too, Alex." Emma shared a grin with Alex.

Alex went back to surveying their surroundings. The only light was from Ray's lantern. The cave they were in would be completely dark without the light. Alex finally decided to ask them where they were, "So, um... Not to ruin the moment, but where are we? Where is everyone else? The last thing I remember was seeing a girl with a hood." Was this the place that she took them to? Had they moved her and Emma here while they were passed out? What about Ray? He wasn't even with them when they passed out, but he was here now.