{14} The Secret Room and William Minerva: Part 1

***

***

The kids had moved inside to one of the bedrooms to talk about the secret room. They were all gathered around one of the beds. Emma had drawn a diagram of the house in a notebook which they were all currently studying. It was definitely a surprise for the others when they heard about the secret room. There's been a hidden room all these years in the house and they had no idea it existed until now.

"There's a secret room... In this house?" One of them had asked.

Alex nodded, "That's what we're thinking." They had enough information to back it up too. Mom was always disappearing after eight and they were never able to find her. It would only make sense for her to be in the hidden room.

"Its location..," Emma circled a place in between Mom's room and her office, "Is right next to Mama's room. Mama's room... Has a washroom right next to it, and her office is right next to that," She colored over one of the lines that were right beside Mom's office, "But our theory... Is that this area in between isn't a mere wall."

"I noticed recently..," Gilda took over the explanation, "That every time, right before Mama disappears, she always enters either the washroom or her office." Both rooms just so happened to have that empty space between them.

"And so we decided to put the theory to the test and measure the distances of both the walls inside and outside the rooms," Emma said.

Alex turned to look at Norman, "Remember when I was counting my steps that one night?"

Norman nodded then asked, "So you were measuring the distance?" Alex gave him confirmation. He was wondering why she was doing, but he passed it off as her just being bored. She did have the habit of counting her steps when she was bored.

"And the results?" Don inquired.

"They were completely different," Emma nodded, "There's some sort of space worth about ten steps of mine in there. One side of that space is a wall... And one side is a bookshelf. But I think there's some sort of hidden entrance to get inside the space from both sides. Inside... Will be Mama's secret room."

Don hesitated before finally asking, "But what is it even for?"

"Well, that'd probably be..." Emma started.

"For her to make reports," Ray had ended up cutting the girl off, "Mama reports in to the HQ on a daily basis. That's probably what the room is for." The three girls shared a look. They had been right all along then. They were thinking that it was where Mom would talk with the people from the outside world.