{6} She Got Us!

***

***

The first thing the four of them did when they got back was going to the library. They were going to start researching all they could about the outside world and how the demons took over. Norman was leaning against a bookshelf while reading a book while Ray read his at the table with Alex. Emma stood in front of the world map that was hung on the wall. She had her hands on the map as she studied it.

There was hesitance as Emma said, "So our map was published in 2010. Now that I think of it... We don't even know a thing about where in the world we are right now."

Alex closed the book that she was finally done reading. Reading all these informational books was so boring and hard for her to do. Fantasy books were a whole lot better. Like she had said before, informational books were dull and boring while fantasy books were colorful and exciting. "We've always just been in our own little bubble. We never even thought about a life outside of this house."

They knew that one day they might have to leave the house, but they never thought about it that much. As naive as it sounds, they just thought that they would all stay here. They've already been here for eleven years so they've just gotten used to it. Thinking about what was outside did interest them, of course. They just never thought about where exactly outside was.

"Since we can see that the sun rises out of the south," Ray looked up from the book he was reading, "We must be located somewhere in the northern hemisphere. We also have four seasons, so it should be safe to assume that we're closer to the equator."

"But in the end, that's all we can come up with." Emma tightened her hand into a fist.

"Checking for cameras... Checking what's beyond the fence... And getting our hands on those 'ropes," Ray listed off, "I think things have been moving along quite smoothly for us so far. So what's next?"

Alex spoke up, "I think we-"

"Ray! Norman! Emma! Alex!" Mom's voice called out, cutting Alex off.

The redheaded girl jumped in her seat from the suddenness of the voice. She could hear Norman laughing behind her. She turned her head to him and pouted, slumping down in her chair, "That was not funny."

"Mama..," Emma turned to the others, "This is bad! Doesn't this mean that she's suspecting us?"

"Calm down," Ray told her.

"We shouldn't be freaking out this early," Alex added. They didn't even really have a reason to freak out yet. Mom could just be calling for them to do something for her. "We don't know enough about why we're being called so let's remain calm." Ray and Alex stood up from their seats and everyone, except for Emma, started heading for the door.