{29} Action: Part 2 and 3

***

***

Just a little bit further and... She caught it! Emma had a big smile on her face as she looked at Alex. Even though the match had burned her hand, she still didn't drop it. She opened her hand to see that the match wasn't lit anymore. She had never felt so relieved in her life. There was no longer a smile on Ray's face, but a look of pure shock. He was surprised at what the girl had done. She had to be crazy. Who else would willingly catch a match without worrying about getting hurt?

"Wha-" Ray started to say.

Alex let out a sigh of relief, "I was so close to not being able to catch that." If she had jumped for it a second later then not only the house but Ray also would be up in flames. Alex hunched over as she allowed herself to calm down for a moment.

"You..," Ray trailed off. "Your palms!"

The fact that he brought attention to it made the pain more noticeable. Alex wrung out her hands and stopped when she remembered something. "Hey, Ray. You've got a special message from Norman," Alex walked right up to the boy. She grabbed the front of his shirt and brought him down a little so they would be eye to eye. "'You can die wherever you want, but this isn't the place. I'll show you something great so just shut up and come with me.'"

"The hell?!" Ray asked as Alex let go of him.

"Norman's known about your plan to light yourself on fire," Alex told him. "He told me and I told Emma so we all know. Norman figured it out before he left when you tried to hide it from us. You almost got away with it. Norman instructed me to stop you before you could." She couldn't have been more thankful for Norman telling her about it. If he hadn't then Ray would have died which would mean another life lost.

"We're sorry but we have no intentions of letting you die," Emma had her head down which cast a shadow over her eyes. Alex could see that she was gritting her teeth. Emma finally looked up with a smile on her face, "And neither will Norman or any of the other kids! All of us will stop you at all costs!"

Ray looked confused, "What do you mean, 'All of us-'"

A knock on the dining room doors cut him off. Emma headed over to it and answered it. Standing behind the door were Thoma and Lannion. They had a box in hand which made Alex smile. She was really glad to see that they were able to get the things that they needed. They did not need any more struggle at this point in the plan.

"Emma, Alex, I got the things you asked for!" Thoma exclaimed.

Lannion gave the girls a thumbs-up, "Also, everyone is ready to go whenever you're ready!"