{28} Action: Part 1

***

***

The two months after Norman's shipment wasn't filled with everyone wallowing in their own self-pity. No way. They had still been planning for the escape. They had come so far and lost too much already for them to stop. While everyone thought that they were avoiding each other and everyone in general, they had been meeting up when no one was awake. Well, to be more specific, Alex, Don, and Gilda were. They would talk about the plan and some updates and then the other two would go tell Emma about developments in the plan.

It sucked for Alex to not be able to see Emma or Ray... But there was no way that she could. Mom was watching her and them like hawks. She would instantly know if the three of them were to meet up. Alex had to keep up an act which wasn't too hard seeing as it was how she really felt after what happened... It all came up in their favor though. They finally had everything ready for them to escape at any time. This is why Alex was risking being together with Ray and Emma for the first time in a while.

Emma smiled in response to Ray's earlier question, "Yeah. We haven't."

"Did you seriously think that we would just lay down and accept our 'fate'?" Alex said. That was what Isabella was wanting them to do. She had literally asked them to before she shipped Norman out. She thought that she had gotten what she wanted, but she had no clue that they were still planning behind the scenes.

"You're feeling the same way, aren't you?" Emma asked.

"That's right," Ray smirked, "We really do think similarly, don't we?"

"I guess we really do," Alex commented. 

"Our course of action was to pretend to have given up while continuing to plan inside," Ray stated. Alex knew that Ray wouldn't have actually given up. She just played it up in front of the others to make it seem like she had a reason for avoiding him so much. She told Don and Gilda about it too whenever they came to visit her. Besides, if what Norman said was right, and she didn't doubt it, Ray was planning to set the house and himself on fire as a distraction.

"Let's escape, Ray," Emma told him, "We're here to discuss our plans with you."

"Good. I'm mostly here for the same reason," Ray informed them. It was good to know that they were on the same page then, "After all, we haven't been able to talk much for a whole two months."

"Sorry about that, guys," Alex let out a nervous laugh, "I couldn't have Mom getting suspicious of us and start looking into my true intentions." That would have derailed the whole plan that Norman had set up.

"'True intentions?'" Ray questioned.

Alex nodded, "Yeah, let me explain. We all know very well how formidable Mom is. She barely took her eyes off of me for even a minute. I was a little suffocating, to be honest," At times it felt like she could feel the weight of Isabella's stare crushing her. "I couldn't let my guard down or slip up in any way. She was cautious to the point where it didn't matter if we did anything or not, she was still going to watch us. So I decided to use that to my advantage. Since she was so focused on me, she didn't pay attention to all of the other stuff going on around her."