{40} Teach Me

***

***

Things had calmed down after the talk Emma, Alex, and Ray had with the others. The atmosphere had lightened up a lot and everyone finally had a chance to finally relax. Ray was the one who made food this time. Everyone was a bit anxious to see how it would turn out. He did have Mujika instructing him, but they were still wondering how it would taste. Alex didn't really think much about it though. Ray was always good at anything he tried so she didn't doubt that it would turn out okay.

It only took about 30 minutes for the food to get done. The food was distributed to the whole group. Everyone hesitantly dug in just to be hit with an amazing taste. Alex's eyes widened as she ate the food. She knew it would be good... She wasn't exacting it to be this good though! The whole group seemed to be surprised by how good the food turned out to be. Some started stuffing their faces after taking one bite.

"So good..." Gilda trailed off. She took another bite after she said this. She was obviously enjoying the food like everyone else was.

Don had a surprised expression on his face, "How did you make this?"

"It's called cooking." Ray had a completely straight face. Alex shot him a look. They knew it was cooking, but how did he make it taste so good? It was shocking! At the house, they never really helped out with the main part of cooking. The most that they did was helping to cut some of the vegetables. For that reason, almost all of them were worried. Seems like they had nothing to worry about.

"But... How?!" Emma looked at Ray with a shocked look. "How could you possibly make it be so delicious?!"

"You didn't have any spices though, right?! So how?!" Alex added.

The dark-haired boy still acted nonchalant about the whole thing. It was like he didn't even realize how good it was, "Eh, I just did it like Mujika taught, step by step." He turned his attention back to the rest of the stew that was still cooking.

The people around him were still looking at him with amazement. This was something that they obviously weren't going to let go of anytime soon. Don, on the other hand, was not only amazed, but also jealous as well, "Shut up!!" Alex jumped in surprise at the volume of his voice. "This is so unfair, anything you try you're the best at..."

"That would be because he's a genius." Mark cut in.

"Damn you!!" Don cursed.

Well, Mark was right. Ray has always been one of the smartest kids in the house. Alex spoke up, "Ray's always going to be good at everything tries," The redhead looked to Don, placing a hand on his shoulder.  "You just have to deal with it. Besides, you have things that you're good at too." It was true. Don was one of the ones who were almost always able to stay positive in dark situations. That was something they would always need.