Chapter 2 - P'/Phi (Brother)

Hello again everyone!! sorry I'm a little late but suddenly a bunch of work load fell upon...so I wrote this in a hurry and basically haven't proof read it!! so please forgive the mistakes. So hope you like it...see you at the end!

---------------

Next day morning,

Mew stared at the reports he got from the labs long and hard, for the tenth time from the morning; he shook his head, placed it inside the file again and knocked on the door before entering the room. It had been such a long time since gulf had a decent amount of sleep at night. Since the day he started taking high-end jobs that made good money...rivalries just kept pouring in from all directions...that substantially decreased the hours of sleep he was getting every day. But after a long time, he got his much needed dreamless sleep thanks to the meds...he woke up as the as the effect of meds started to reduce and the pain started all over his body again yet he felt better than most of his days.

"Good morning! Mr. Kanawut!" Mew announced with a big smile on his face just as he walked in and noticed Gulf leaning on his raised bed; a smile almost reached Gulf's face but came out as a cough, and somehow he didn't mind the bright aura that was radiating from the doctor. Mew briskly walked next to gulf's bed, "So how are you feeling today?" he asked smiling at him again, Gulf just nodded in response and grunted feeling the stiffness on his neck. Mew instantly answered while checking on the monitors, "Your neck will feel stiff for sometime...because of the accident and the bed rest you need, it will get better!" he looked back at gulf when he heard a loud sigh in response.

Mew silently smiled at the constant frown on gulf's face and looked at his reports for eleventh time, "So your initial reports are here!" gulf looked at the doctor's face who looked more confused than worried. Mew nodded and looked back at gulf "Except for few broken bones and cracked ribs... everything seems fine!!" gulf nodded relieved, "You must be quiet an athlete?" Mew asked teasingly looking up from his report while gulf stared back in confusion.

Mew let out a chuckle seeing gulf's confused face, and points towards his file "Your reports, show multiple wounds that have healed and your scars... usually we see this in professional athletes, cops or people working in forces!" Mew stated as a fact while gulf had a flash of all the times he got hurt... most of it was from all the whips during his pre-teen as child-labour, small fights during teenage and all the punches, stabs and few shots he's got since he started to make a name in the mob world.

Involuntarily he chuckled at those memories causing a sharp pain shot through his rib, "Oh wow! You do know how to smile!" Mew's voice brought gulf out of both the memory and the pain. He looked at Mew without voicing his confusion yet Mew replied from his expression "The nurses outside were telling you don't know to smile...even while sleeping you had this frown in your face..." Mew said jokingly while writing something in his chart. Gulf quietly repeated "While sleeping?" Mew looked at gulf and nodded "Yes! I came around midnight to check on you...you were fast asleep!" gulf looked surprised at his sentence. Since his early teens he usually is conscious of anything that's happening around him even while he sleeps, he always wakes up to the smallest of sound yet and at once his brother's face popped in his mind. Gulf instantly straightens "My brother?" almost startling Mew, "Is he okay? Is he awake? Can I see him!" gulf kept questioning him without waiting for his reply.

Mew slowly spoke "he's still unconscious!" buts instantly raised his hand as he saw gulf's face hardened, "he was in water for a sometime... so we had to drain the liquids from his lungs as soon as he was brought in... and he was heavily sedated for surgery! So it will take some time for him to wake up!" he assured gulf while he nodded slowly. Mew kept his chart and walked towards gulf "and as far as you seeing him...I think you should first take care of yourself first... like maybe stop jerking up like you just did" Mew said pointing at gulf's chest. Gulf instinctively looked down while mew continued "...I'm sure that hurting now!" gulf instantly felt gradual pain radiating through his chest and looked up at the doctor. Mew stared at Gulf and shook his head, he walked towards and placed his hand gulf's shoulder pushing him to lay down; gulf was surprised by his action but leaned back confused by the unfamiliar feeling he felt inside him.