Chapter 30 - Anchor

Hello all! Hope all are doing fine...here's the next chapter...hope you like it.
See ya....

----------------

Mew's apartment,

       "...and that's why I've decided to leave my night job!" Mew looked at Gulf in surprise with his eyes wide open, "What?... you're gonna stop being bartender??" Mew asked worried yet confused by Gulf's decision. Gulf opened his eyes surprised and instantly burst out laughing at Mew's confused face, "No...no...my other night job...the ILLEGAL one!" gulf spoke with a sharp and prideful look. It took a few seconds for Mew to understand his words but as soon as he did, he became speechless with his jaws dropping to his lap. Gulf quietly smiled staring at Mew, who was taking another few more minutes to comprehend and understand his decision. Mew shook his head and turned to Gulf with the same look, "What...h...why?" Mew managed to ask while Gulf just continued to stare at Mew. With a deep sigh and wider smile, Gulf spoke in a soft voice "Coz...I can't put you in any more danger!", Mew stared at Gulf as the weight of his words slowly showed in his eyes. Mew silently slid his fingers between Gulf's and held his hand firmly, Gulf placed his hand over his, while both tried to control their growing emotions. Mew stared at their hands and thought about his words; until gulf had said it out loud, he didn't know that this was something he wanted...to stop putting himself in danger. And now hearing it from Gulf himself, he isn't able to control his overwhelming emotions.

        Gulf just silently watched Mew's eyes moisten while his lips quivered into a smile, he shifted and looked ahead "so I'm gonna quit...EVENTUALLY!" he spoke the last word slowly for Mew to hear it well. Mew chuckled hearing him and silently nodded while his eyes were still plastered on Gulf. With a big sigh, Gulf spoke again "I mean... It's, NOT something I've decided on impulse... I've... actually... thought about it now and then... for a long time, but never been able to make a decision out of it..." he turned towards Mew with a small smile. "... but now... I think the decision is clearly right in front of my eyes" Mew closed his eyes, letting his first teardrop roll over his cheeks onto his smiling lips. Gulf's words found a strong root in Mew's heart, HE could clearly see the importance Gulf had placed on him. Gulf continued without looking at him, "that's why... I called him!" he spoke barely above a whisper but the mere words instantly rang an alarm on Mew's head.

        Mew at once straightened in his seat "What? Why??" while his head kept replaying the images of Gulf in a blood bath. Gulf turned towards Mew seeing him tense up, he gently pulled their hand close to him "Coz that's where I need to start... to settle things with him first...only then I could think and plan to move on from this 'lifestyle'..." Gulf explained with a smile, while Mew just kept staring back at him worried. Gulf pressed on his hand pulling it closer, "I know you're worried, doc!" Mew took a deep breath mentally screaming 'you have no idea!' while Gulf continued "... I'm not gonna fight anymore... I just need to make him understand I don't know where his son is...and I hope I never see his face again!" Gulf carefully added the words, while Mew still looked worried. Gulf smiled, "Hopefully...I would be able to calmly explain and make him understand... So I can stop..." Gulf paused a second "...CONTROL my anger and rage" he added trying to compose himself. It was a hard decision to make for Gulf...and will be even more harder to uphold it, as the mere thought of him was giving him an infinite amount of rage.

          Gulf turned to see Mew looking at him still worried, thoughtful for a second Mew asked with a doubtful voice "...will you be able to do it?" making Gulf sigh aloud. Taking a few more seconds, Gulf slowly nodded his head and smiled at Mew "...have to try at least..." Mew nodded understanding. Gulf spoke again with a small smile bringing Mew out of his thoughts, "...besides there is something would be needing from you though!" Mew looked surprised at his request and looked at him expectantly. Gulf without breaking his gaze away from Mew, shifted on the couch to face Mew and sat on him straddling his lap. Mew froze in place shocked by Gulf's action all of sudden, while Gulf smiled down at Mew. While he started to feel the warmth from Gulf's body, Gulf took Mew's hand and pulled it close to him. "I NEED YOU!" Mew stared at Gulf as the words hit the deepest part of his brain.