Chapter 12B - ...what it wants!

Hello all! thanks for reading the story...hope you're all doing food! Thank you all for the lovely comments! So here part 2, hope you like it, its a smaller chapter than previous! see ya'll at the end!!

------------------------------------

Two days later,

Mew begrudgingly signed the discharge papers for Gulf, who was still looking at the paper in Mew's hand expectantly and smiled back at him. "I sincerely promise this time...that I will take good care of myself and will come to check up every week!" Gulf said the words with his hand up, like an oath; Mew who was still unconvinced just let out an exhausted sigh in return "Seriously" Gulf added. Mew handed the papers to Alex for processing it who took and walked out still smiling at the duo, Mew turned back to gulf with the disappointed face, gulf chuckled "You don't have to look like a father sending his child alone outside for the first time..." Gulf tried to make a joke to lighten the mood by Mew was not having it "At least the child would listen to the father..." Mew retorted. Mew felt anxious more than ever but a small beep from his pager distracted him, he read it and looked at Gulf who smiled at him...just like he's been doing so for the past two days.

             "Last time I didn't get a chance...So I'm telling you this time, I'm very dedicated towards my patient's health...so remember if you don't keep your word this time...you will be dragged back to the hospital by force and chained to the bed until you're completely cured!" Mew said with a straight face making it sound like a low-grade threat. Gulf initially laughed trying to shake off the goose-bumps he felt from Mew's look and word but seeing Mew stand with a straight face his laughter died down pretty quickly. Mew softened his face "Well! Excuse me then...I still have reports to compile before your discharge!" he walked back to the door and paused when he heard Gulf's voice. "You don't have to worry Doc! I'll keep coming by ...in fact you might start feeling sick of seeing me so often!" Gulf said with a cheerful voice leaning back in his bed. Gulf glanced towards Mew who still had his back towards him but even then he could tell the doctor was smiling; Mew slowly opened the door and without turning back "I hope you keep your word this time, Mr. Kana!" he said before closing the door behind him.

          Gulf smiled sensing the 'calmness with a hint of order' in his voice; he stared back at the ceiling feeling lighter and happier. He sighed mentally wishing he didn't have to leave the hospital now but he still needed to find the other mole, he had talked with his brother regarding it. They both had listed a few names to put them under their radar and informed Leo about the same. Gulf chuckled remembering his conversation with Leo after the accident; when he told him that someone might have tipped off Leo was scared that Gulf suspected him. But gulf knew better than to doubt his best friend, from Thailand who was also trafficked like him; they couldn't believe it when they found out each other after so many years. Mild was very happy seeing their emotional reunion but to keep it a secret from the rest of the group...thanks to Gulf trust issues. A knock on the door brought him back from the memory lane; he turned to see a smiling Nurse Alex, waving his processed discharge paper while standing by the door. Gulf smiled getting up from his bed briskly while Alex left Gulf to change into his dress.

Mew's office,

He gave the last of Gulf's reports to the nurse for them to handle a copy, "Doctor! There's someone waiting for you in your room!" the nurse informed Mew who was just about to open to door of his office. He cautiously opened with a light knock before entering and saw Ally standing in the middle of the room and all at once Mew already felt drained of his energy. "Hello Ms. Miller...how can I help you today?" Mew asked waking around her to his chair, purposefully calling out in her second name hoping she would get the message. Ally just smiled "Oh c'mon Dr. Mew...you can call me Ally like you used to..." she answered smiling making Mew internally smacking himself for failing at it, yet he looked up and gave a small smile in return. Ally took a step forward "Actually I wanted to tell you something..." she sounded serious making Mew straighten himself up; he nodded for her to go on.