Chapter 22 - Coffee Date

Hello all, hope all are doing well!! Sorry my work just kept me busy...it's still keeping me busy. So heres chapter 22..it's a little short but hope you like it....see ya

------------------

Hospital,

Mew stretched his arms and legs having seen in-patient all morning, he looked at the clock and realised that it has been only 3 hours since his shift started. He let out a loud sigh already feeling his energy at his lowest; he leaned back resting his head with his eyes closed and slowly a smile appeared on his face. It's been days since he last saw Gulf when forcibly dropped him by the side walk, and though he's been pretty busy with his back to back shifts, he couldn't help miss seeing him. But luckily, whenever he got time to relax like now...the first thing that popped into his mind was...Gulf with his usual smirk. And that was all that has been keeping Mew in a good mood for the past week. Mew slowly leaned forward hearing the footsteps outside his door, he let out a deep breath when he heard the knock on the door, "Yes??" he answered aloud and looked at his system to save some files. "Yes...Good afterno..." Mew started to speak turning towards the 'guest' but froze seeing Gulf standing in front of him...with Mild by his side.

Mew couldn't bring himself to move his eyes to Mild as his eyes were stuck on Gulf, "Gulf?" he whispered and saw Gulf's brows rise with a smile. His eyes finally took its own time to focus Mild into the picture "Mild? Is everything okay??" he asked instantly worried. Both the brothers lightly chuckled, Mild limped forward with Gulf's help "You're the one who needs check and say that!!" he answered sitting in the patient seat with gulf standing behind him still staring back at Mew. Initially confused, Mew looks at the calendar and realised it was Mild scheduled follow-up. Mew let out a relieve sigh turning towards them "So sorry, I forgot...so how are you feeling?" Mew asked with a smile looking at Mild. Mild nodded briskly "Better...I just sometime feel pain at the back here..." and he shifted in his seat to show his leg. Mew at once raised his hand stopping him, "Wa... wait...I'm not your doctor...your follow-up is with Max...I mean Dr. Carter" he answered them confusing the brothers. And before he could answer them with more clarity, the door opened after a light knock revealing a smiling Max looking at the three, "I heard you have my patient!" he announced making Mew laugh.

Café outside the hospital,

"Sorry again for disturbing you, doc...since I got my follow-up with you, I thought you'll also be seeing my brother!" Gulf apologized placing their coffee tray in front of Mew and sat opposite to him. Mew shook his head "That's not a problem..." he smiled taking his cup of cappuccino from the tray while Gulf grabbed his black coffee, "Also sorry for asking you outside for coffee... in middle of your shift!" Gulf apologized again, though the idea was sprung by Max while he took away mild for the check-up. Mew shook his head "Oh no no...We understand, people don't drink coffees at the hospital cafeteria unless they are waiting for someone...it usually reminds them of not so healthy times..." Mew said with a smile, silently thanking Max for the suggesting it. Somehow that sentence descended into silence, and a distressing silence prevailed between them. They didn't know how a week's distance put such awkwardness between them. Gulf spoke up trying to break the ice "So how's your sister? I'm sure you had some explaining to do to her!" Mew looked up from his coffee with a small smile "she's good...she gone for the week to meet few friends and relatives...and sadly I've also been so busy, I've barely had any time with her yet!" Gulf watched as Mew spoke in disappointment.

Mew sighed and looked at gulf "She's actually going back in next week!" Mew added while Gulf took a sip from his coffee, "Well that's bad, I was going to invite her to our bar...we're almost ready to reopen ..." Mew narrowed his eyes at Gulf who immediately understood his look, "We serve dinner and 'non-alcoholic' beverages too..." Gulf answered hurriedly, making Mew laugh in response. And the damn silence made its way in again, while both of the smiled looking at each other sipping their coffees for the 10th time...like someone who had just met on their first blind date. Mew kept his cup down and looked at Gulf; the entire week he had actually hoped Gulf would just show-up at his hospital like before and felt disappointed when the day ended without that happening. Though it was not the first time they had gone 'not seeing each other', this time he felt it different...it bothered him more...and the disappointment of not seeing him was even more. He took a deep breath, he so badly wanted to convey how much he had yearned to see him but restrained from saying anything. Mew, who usually voices out his thoughts irrespective the situation, felt that since he was the one who suggested the 'casual relationship' it might be confusing and inappropriate to say it. Mew looked down smiling at his own train of thoughts, and broke out of it when he gulf speak again.

Gulf smiled looking at Mew "I really missed seeing you like this Doc!" Mew's eyes grew wider in surprise while gulf just stared back at him...as if he was studying Mew's face. Mew blinked completely taken aback, gulf leaned a little closer "You can tell...that you missed me too..." gulf said surprising Mew again. Gulf winked at Mew, "...I can already see it in your eyes!" both of them looked at each other and suddenly burst out laughing, making the awkwardness fly out. Mew nodded at the end of his laugh "It's true...I..." but before he could finish his sentence his phone buzzed aloud on the table. "Sorry...excuse-me!" Mew apologised with a smile and checked his phone, the smile on his face slowly faded while his face...and especially his eyes grew serious. Gulf silently watched the complete change in his mood, but with a blink of his eye Mew changed back to his smile and looked at Gulf apologetically "I'm sorry...just more work!" Mew chuckled trying to laugh it off. Gulf could see the apparent lie, but rather than pushing his boundaries he just nodded along...hoping the matter was not as serious as his face showed.

Mew and Gulf walked out of the café into the busy street, just as Gulf walked a step passed him Mew spoke making him turn "Thank you for the coffee...Gulf!" he pressed on the last word making Gulf smile. Mew's face reflected Gulf's smile, and all of a sudden he took a step forward startling Gulf. Mew looked right into Gulf's eyes, "...I'm gonna kiss you now!" he announced taking Gulf by surprise but before Gulf could react Mew grabbed onto his jacket and pulled him to land his lips right on Gulf's. Gulf stood frozen for a second, and without even trying melted into the kiss...their unspoken feeling all rushed to their lips pouring in their kiss. Gulf grabbed onto Mew's overcoat pulling him even closer, they didn't care that they were still outside the café...in the busy street...all they cared about was each other. Mew had completely lost himself on the kiss that he had forgotten where he was, feeling his lungs burn for air and a small nudge below the hip made him break the kiss. But his hand still held Gulf's jacket, he rested his head on Gulf's connecting their forehead and breathed catching up to their lungs need.

He felt Gulf's hot breath on his face and opened his eyes to see Gulf with his eyes closed and slowly took a small step back with a smile. Gulf opened his eyes still heavily panting and looked at Mew, who looked around them and back at Gulf. Mew blinked a few times, "Sorry...I..." he struggled to get the words out. Mew took a deep breath, "Sorry Gulf! Ally...Ally was still bothering me...and ..." Gulf just watched Mew as he stuttered his words "...and I thought I just saw her waiting nearby!" Mew said looking to the side. Mew looked apologetic again "I'm so sorry...I used you like that!" Gulf looked down, thought for second and just smiled looking back at Mew. Mew looked confused at his reaction...it almost broke him, but Gulf just chuckled "It's okay...I would have done it either way...Shall we?" Gulf casually stated showed the way back to the hospital. Mew though momentarily surprised by his words let out a few chuckle, and seeing him happy Gulf took a sudden quick step forward and pecked on Mew's lips freezing him. Satisfied with the reaction of his kiss, Gulf happily walked ahead towards the hospital without waiting for Mew who started laughing. He glanced at Gulf walking away and turned back to see any sight of the familiar face and let out a breath when he didn't see any. He slowly reached his hands to his lips and smiled; he turned and jogged towards Gulf smiling to catch up with him.

Night,

Mew held his neck as he circled it stretching out the stiffness, until the elevator arrived at his floor. He quietly dragged his feet towards his apartment and yawned while opening the door. With his eyes almost half closed he walked into his apartment and lazily threw his bag on the couch but monetarily froze when he noticed the light coming from one side. Being used to always being welcomed by complete darkness of the house, the half light room gave him goose bumps. He turned around to see the light over his kitchen table on, with his jaw clenched he quietly took a few steps forwards with caution and froze again seeing the person behind the kitchen counter.

---------------------

Sorry it was a little boring chap...will try to make up in the next chapter... let me know your thoughts on this chapter.
Thank you!!

Take care and stay safe

Divi