Chapter 26B - ...Guilt?

Hello all....here is the part 2 of chapter 26, I hope you like it. I had to rewrite this chapter multiple times...'coz I felt something was lacking (I still do...), So sorry for disappointments if any...but on the whole I still hope you'll like it.. see ya...

--------------------------------

Mew's apartment,

          GUILT..., Mew knew all too well of this emotions since he's been struggling with it since his parents death. All the sleepless nights, the tear stained pillows, the un-swallowable meals...everything kept rushing back to his present memory. But thankfully from years of practice he also found a way to build a dam and control them more efficiently from flooding his mind. Shaking his head to clear his misty eyes, he looked at Gulf and saw the exact same pain in his face...that broke Mew. His mind kept repeating Gulf's words 'killed his sister' but his heart showed it clear Gulf was in pain irrespective of what he might learn later Gulf needed him him now.  Mew gradually stepped towards gulf and touched his hand. Gulf at once collapsed on the ground sobbing while biting his lips to control his angry screams. Mew slowly kneel down next to him and caressed his back letting him cry... something he's used to doing from time to time for himself.

        About half an hour later, Mew had finally got Gulf to stop wailing his eyes out and made him sit on the couch, he handed him the glass of water settling next to him. "Gulf? you..." mew started but gulf suddenly held mews hand in a death grip startling him, "they were my family...Mew!" he said from his gritted teeth, Mew looked at Gulf stunned by the anger mixed pain in his voice..and also hearing gulf call his name for the first time. Gulf swallowed the invisible lump in his throat while his misty eyes fixed on Mew "...they were the only people who showed me care and concern after my mother..." another year escaped Gulf eye. Mew  momentarily glanced at Gulf hand holding his feeling the shiver in Gulf's hand shake. Mew understood that whatever had happened in their life, had and has been affecting Gulf more than he could've imagined. Though a part of him wanted to know about it, his compassion was bigger than his curiousness.

Gulf took a deep breath releasing Mew's wrist, but at once Mew held back Gulf's hand; Gulf looked at their hand and at Mew with a hint of smile. Gulf looked ahead "....it took us years for us to free ourselves from the people who brought us here...until then we had learnt all the wrong ways and jobs to survive in the city..." Gulf said with a guilt while Mew silently watched him. Mew could imagine his difficulties of surviving in this city without anyone to look over them...and the real part of him knew he would have turned if not his parents. Gulf's voice brought him back again, "Apart from my brother...i had the most wonderful sister and a best friend..." a small smile played on Gulf's face. "...we didn't care of anyone or anything else...just each other, but I wanted to give them the world" Mew smiled at Gulf's earnest words. Gulf's face slowly darkened "...and that's when met the arrogant bast**d...his name was Vincent Jarret...a complete stranger who very willingly helped us that time, he told us he needed help to start his own business and aybe in our own!" Mew had too many questions in his mind but stayed silent seeing how Gulf's rage slowly began to rise.

           "...he told us he was trafficked to city like us... desperate to have a better living we believed him until...he showed his true color to our sister..." Gulf gritted through his teeth. Mew felt a child sweep through his body, the emerging rage from Gulf's made him understand where he was getting and being protective of his sister himself, he could feel a hint of rage inside him. Gulf took a deep breath having a smug smile for a second, confusing Mew "...and we showed him... to never mess with our sister!" Gulf smiled looking at Mew with pride that slowly melted into a sorrowful look. As soon as Gulf started to feel the burn again, he closed his eyes reliving the fateful day.