Chapter 25A - You have...

Hello all! Firstly I apologize for the late update (been busy with other work), and also this chapter just kept going and going... I tried to reduce it but...its still ended up long! I didn't want to upload in two parts...but i am, so hopefully you'll like it! See ya....

---------------------

Next day morning,

Feeling a little colder than his usual mornings, Mew stretched his arms and rolled on the bed trying to wake his body from the deep slumber; he laid on his back with his hand and legs spread and eyes still closed when the smell of fresh ground coffee woke his brain before his body. Mew slowly opened his wondering about the smell since he was the one who had to make it yet he was still in the bed; finally his eyes focused on the unfamiliar grey ceiling and wall making him jolt up. His still half asleep brain opened the gates his memory, making him remember the events from the night before. He looked at the bed, almost disappointed to find it empty and silent...he looked around and saw barely anything showcasing the room...no pictures, no souvenir, flowerpots...just a plain clock. Mew took a deep breath and got up from the bed and stretched his legs before walking out of the room. As soon as he walked out, the aroma of the fresh coffee hit him even harder; he looked around and saw someone moving around in the kitchen downstairs.

              With the kitchen in his line of sight, he walked down the stairs watching Mild work around it. "Good morning!" Mew wishes walking past the empty dining area towards the kitchen table that reflected everything it saw on its shiny black-marble. Mild turned around and smiled big "Good morning Dr. Mew! Slept well??" he asked and placed a fresh hot cup of coffee in front of him. Mew slightly bowed at Mild "Thank you! Ya...It was good!" he answered taking the cup in his hand; he noticeably looked around the apartment making Mild chuckle understanding who he was searching for. Both of them settled at the couch with their coffee, Gulf along with Leo and Fiat had gone out early in the morning leaving Mew at Mild's mercy. Mew silently looked at his coffee cup, feeling a little disappointed and awkward sitting in Gulf's house in his absence whilst Mild was just enjoying the unseen awkwardness on Mew. Mew smiled at Mild for the fifth time and let his eyes wander around the living room, when he noticed a group picture making him instantly curious.

Seeing Mew's curious face, Mild turned to the direction of his look and smiled when he saw the picture behind him "That's my wife!" he stated completely shocking Mew. Mew blinked unable to process the information "Wife? You're married?" he asked with his eyes widen as possible, Mild laughed at his reaction and nodded with his smile slowly fading "Yes...I WAS!" he said looking at his empty ring finger, bringing Mew out of his shock. Mew's heart almost sank thinking of scenarios for Mild's sombreness, Mild looked up at Mew and smiled "...we're separated!" he announced visibly making Mew relieved. Mild chuckled and glanced back at the picture "She lives in Thailand now...with our daughter" he said with sadness at the end.

             "I thought I could keep our job and my family far away from each other...but sadly I failed...so..." the disappointment and repulsion in Mild's voice showed Mew what kind of memory he was re-living. Mild let out a chuckle "...and ever since Kana has been trying his best to keep me away from all this, so I could go and see them..." Mild paused and took a long deep breath "...but I don't intend to...and never will leave him alone like that!" Mild with serious thought while Mew smiled seeing the love and care the brothers' share for each other. Mild shook himself out of the serious mode "...as I said before...sometime that's the only choice we get..." he smiled looking at Mew. He chuckled placing his cup on the center table, "You've met Luke, right? My cop friend" Mew casually began; Mild nodded remembering the cops face vividly from the day of the warehouse incident. Mew let out a deep breath; "I first met him in the orphanage...I was sent after my mother passed away..." he slowly began gaining Mild's full attention. Mild has already heard about Mew's parents from Gulf and understood the origin of the compassion he shows to everyone.