Chapter 11 - The choice

Hello all! Hope everyone is doing alright! Sorry for the delay had the pass another hard week! So here's the next chapter...hope you like it.

-------------------

As soon as he felt someone grab his hand, Gulf instincts kicked in and caught the hand, twisted it over his head and behind the person’s back. A loud grunt erupted as soon as Gulf came in face with the person’s head; it took him a minute but slowly Gulf’s eyes bulged in disbelief as soon as he recognised Mew and he at once let go of his hand. “Dr. Mew?” he called and watched in shock as Mew shook his arm and turned towards Gulf still wincing in pain. Mew finally looked at Gulf holding onto his wrist where Gulf had previously grabbed, “Thanks for not breaking it…Mr. Kana!” Mew commented inducing a very real and heavy guilt in Gulf’s gut. Gulf closed his eyes “I’m so sorry Dr. Mew…I…I thought…” but before he could finish, he felt another, stronger hold on the same wrist. He looked at Mew, who visibly looked like he was not in any mood to listen to anything from him, he watched as Mew looked around. The pissed look on Mew’s face was making Gulf feel bad, but before he could process any of it he was dragged away by Mew. Gulf just watched with his widened eyes as Mew dragged him into one of the trail rooms, pushed him inside and shut the door behind them.

1 hour later,

Gulf sat in place and silently watched as Mew listed out the entire test that needs to be done on him to Nurse Alex, who kept glancing at Gulf occasionally with a small smile. Mew signed a few reports, gave them to Alex and he turned to Gulf who just sat comfortably in the bed “Make sure to accompany him to all the tests Mrs. Alex…” Gulf sighed hearing the sternness in Mew’s voice and his look.  Mew looked at Alex who was smiling at Gulf “…and get him something to eat or drink if needed!” he walked out of the room without glancing back, though knowing Gulf’s eyes were on him. Alex slowly walked towards Gulf holding back her laugh, Gulf looked at Alex “Quite a night huh?” he sighed again while adjusting his hospital shirt again. Alex placed the files in the nearby table and took out few tablets “hmm…that’s what you get for not obeying your doctors…” she handed him the tablets and a glass of water “here…these are for your ribs!” she mentioned taking back the files from the table. Gulf confused turned towards Alex “Ribs?” before he took the tablets, Alex nodded “Ya…Pain meds…” Gulf looked even more confused by her answer. She smiled “Dr. Mew said you were experiencing pain when you lift your arms…so he prescribed the pain meds for the time being…” Gulf looked pleasantly surprised and remembered

FB*

“Dr….Doc….” Gulf tried to speak while Mew harshly pushed him into the small trail room and slammed the door behind them, Gulf held his wrist very surprised by the strength the doctor had. Mew stood in front of him with a serious face, “All I asked you to do was…get yourself checked every week…” Mew spoke trying to suppress his disappointment and anger, though it did no good. Gulf at once lowered his eyes feeling like a child scolded by a parent, he cleared his throat feeling the intense gaze “I’ve been busy…I…” but he was cut off again. “Do you even know how many people you’ve worried in these two weeks…” Mew stated with his hands over his hip, Gulf slowly raised his eyes to see and confirm every word from Mew were true. Gulf tried to hid his smile, while Mew leaned back finally calming a little bit “Your brother…” he began and this time Gulf cut him off “I…I will talk to him…and none of you have to worry, I’m doing good…you don’t have to worry I’m not your patient anymore doc….” Gulf just casually answered.

          But it hit Mew like a brick and his temper rose more than ever. Mew at once took Gulf’s hand and slammed it on the wall above his head, Gulf felt a sharp pain in his ribs yet he didn’t in show it in his face as he was complete surprised by Mew’s act. Mew face closer to Gulf, he felt his heart pounding in his hear “You are…and will be my patient…until I say otherwise…” Mew stated…more like ordered in a deep whisper, making Gulf halt his breathing momentarily. A few seconds of silence passed between them, without taking his eyes off Mew took his phone and dialled someone “Mrs. Alex…get an ambulance…” he spoke in a nonchalant voice staring right at Gulf.