Chapter 13 - Guards Up!

Hello everyone! thank you so much for the love you've shown for the story...i'm sorry i'm late again for the update! I saw last update most of you were upset...so i hope you dont feel the same way this time...happy reading! see ya!!

-----------------------

Mew's office

Max almost choked on his coffee hearing Mew, his hands still tapping on his chest he looked at Mew as if he had grown 10 extra heads, while Mew just stared back blankly; "Let...let me see if...if I...heard you right?" Max told between his coughs. "So you told your patient... that you're in a relationship!" Mew closed his eyes hearing his friend repeat his words, "...WITH A GIRL!!" Max asked unable to believe his own words. Max looked at Mew "Were you stoned or something, Man?" he asking making Mew grunt in frustration. Max started to let out small chuckles sitting opposite to Mew in his table, "What the hell were you thinking Mew? The entire hospital fraternity knows you're gay!" Max asked earning a glare from Mew. Max at once raised his hands in defense "And there's nothing wrong with it...but why did you lie...I thought..." Max paused for a second "I thought you liked him!" Max genuinely asked looking at Mew, "...since you became extremely clingy to him..." he added leaning back.

              Mew let out a deep sigh and leaned forward "I did...I still do..." he whined like a child in frustration, "But..." Mew reached down and took something out of his desk drawer and threw it on the table towards Max. Max casually took it and noticed Gulf's name on the file label "What's this??" and slowly his eyes bulged even before he opened the file, "Oh my god....is he gonna die?" Max asked genuinely worried for Gulf...and Mew. Mew rolled his eyes instantly hearing his fellow doctor, "...at some time, we all will..." Mew murmured while reaching out, opened the file in Max's hand and took out a few X-rays. He turned around and plugged the x-rays side by side across the light-board while sitting in his chair, Max narrowed his eyes and took a look at the x-ray; initially confused, his eyes slowly widened. "Wow! Is this his chest X-ray? Is there even any bone that's not been broken in his body??" He exclaimed getting up from his seat and walking towards the x-rays to have a closer look. Mew just stared at Max with a sad expression, having seen and studied the X-rays a 100 times already "That was two weeks ago...he's cracked another two after he got discharged..." Mew added pointing towards the x-rays while Max watched in surprise and fascinated at the same time.

Mew rolled back facing away from them, "We've seen this kinds of x-rays before..." Mew began in a low serious voice, "...he told the cops he was a bartender! And from this...he's either lying or one violent bartender!! Either way...I just don't think..." Mew said thoughtfully leaning forward on his table unable to finish the sentence. Max's face grew serious as he started to understand where Mew's worries came from; he turned to see Mew having his head down. Max silently waited for Mew to continue, "You know how much I hate violence... and why... now every time I see him, I'm...I'm reminded of my parent's accident!" he said almost choking in his words. Max sighed remembering the mess Mew was when his parents had passed away; he almost starved for a week in depression. Though it was an accident, Mew felt responsible for everything and it took a lot of efforts from Max and Mew himself to bring him out of the incident. Max came out of his memory and looked at Mew, whose face showed more than just sadness; Max cleared his throat "So what did he say when you said you had a girlfriend?" he asked instantly making Mew sigh aloud and put his head down on this table.

FB*

"...and I love HER very much!" Mew lied through his teeth trying to keep his poker face at best, while his heart broke into a million pieces seeing Gulf frozen with his hard expression. Mew instantly looked away clenching his hand inside his pocket; Mew's mind kept saying it was the best for both of them yet at the same time his mind kept reminding him of Gulf's smile, his stubbornness, and his striking eyes. He was scared to even look at Gulf; he knew his mind would waver if at all he saw Gulf with that pained expression. With his eyes still stuck at the floor, "I'm sorry Mr. Kana!" he whispered and opened the door to leave but Gulf slammed the door shut startling Mew again. Mew looked up to see Gulf facing down, who slowly looked up with a smug smile surprising and confusing Mew; he leaned forwards bring his face closer to Mew's who was in too much shock to move from his place.