Chapter 29B - ...is now Gulf's fear

Hello all! I'm finally the next chapter ...and I'm thankful and overwhelmed by your comments...it definitely made me much much better, thank you! And it also makes me scared...if you'll like the ending though *fingers crossed*

So here's the second part...hope you like it!

Pic credited to tharntype series

----------------------------

Next day evening,

         Mew thoughtfully walked out the elevator into his floor, he checked his phone for the 10th time through the elevator...only to be greeted with a blank screen with no new messages or calls. He hadn't heard from Gulf since he last dropped him, and though very worried Mew kept his patience intact and trusted his actions. He sighed just as he reached his door, the past two days had given him some time to think. He accepted that he was now already deep into Gulf's life to turn around but he still needed to clear a few things with him...something he had dreaded doing since the beginning. With a heavy pause, he opened the door to his surprise was not greeted by a dark house. Feeling an uneasiness in his heart he slowly walked in to see Gulf silently sitting on the couch...seemingly lost in his own thoughts. With a sigh of relief, Mew silently kept his bag on the side table and walked around the couch while Gulf just stared at the center table with a serious expression... unaware of anything. He almost yelped in shock when Mew suddenly placed his hand on his shoulder while Mew smiled at Gulf to calm him down. He casually sat next to him "Was the meeting with suppliers that bad?" he questioned jokingly but Gulf's long, deep sigh cleared his question

*FB

After spending a good amount of time instructing both Mild and Leo on what needs to do about Yin, Gulf directed Fiat and Triz to stay low and go back to their normal life for the time being. Leo and Gulf reached the venue while Gulf was still in deep thinking, "Must be hurting?" Leo asked pulling Gulf out of his thoughts. Gulf raised his eye-brow questioningly making Leo chuckle "...your head? You've been in deep thoughts since morning...It must be hurting by now!" he asked in a casual tone but his intentions weren't. Gulf smiled back at Leo while one of the suppliers showed their way to the storage. They ordered their usuals, while they walked in and out of the building and entered what looked like an open warehouse. Leo and Gulf cautiously looked around until a train of storage units appeared.

              The supplier started to talk about the new liquors while showing them each unit until they reached the last unit where he suggested trying the samples. Hesitant, Leo and Gulf took a small glass in their hand, "This is on the rise now...it's an old brand but with some new flavoured twists..." the suppliers promoted the liquor with a smile. Both of them nodded smelling the liquor, "...and it is still in the promotional stage...so we could negotiate a discount too!" the supplier added with his smile growing brighter. And just before Leo could bring the glass to his mouth, his phone vibrated indicating a new message. He took his phone out and opened the message as soon as he saw the sender's name 'FIAT', and almost froze instantly seeing the message "HIDE".

And before he could react, he heard the glass in Gulf's hand shatter just as he finished his first sip, startling them all, and soon the next one hit the supplier's shoulder narrowly missing Gulf again. While the supplier fell back screaming in pain, both Gulf and Leo ducked down drawing their respective guns. While Gulf pressed his hand over the supplier's wound to control the bleeding, Leo quickly called an ambulance while his eyes scanned around...as the rain of bullets took a pause. Leo quickly signs Gulf to move out, Gulf balancing the supplier on his shoulder leaped out while Leo covered for them shooting back. Seeing there's no way they could win that shoot-out, they decided to not stay. Thankfully, others workers guided them through the back door just as the cops and ambulance arrived. Fortunately, the shoot-out ended with only a few scraps for both of them, Leo and Gulf took a cab and went straight to the bar.