Chapter 24 - Sleepover!

Hello all, I'm back with my update...hope all are doing well? Thanks for the 8k+ views for the story. Really appreciate it. So hope you like this chapter too... see ya....

-------------------------

Mew's apartment building,

             Even before the elevator doors completely opened, Mew anxiously dashed out of it followed Gulf, Both ran through the corridor without a thought. Mew's heart almost sank seeing the cop outside of his apartment, it reminded him of the time he rushed to his parents home after hearing about their accident only to find two officers standing next to his little sister who looked drained after hours of crying...the scene broke whatever was left of his heart after hearing about their passing. Mew slowed a few steps away from his apartment, feeling gulf's hand on his shoulder Mew walked to his apartment. His eyes widened seeing the scene in front of him, his apartment was a mess...everything in disarray; Gulf couldn't believe that this was the same living room they had been in a few minutes ago. Both of them stayed rooted to their place when Luke walked up to them "The neighbours saw two unknown men lingering outside your house....they called the cops as soon as they notice them tampering with the lock...they got here fast" Luke continued with a small pause. "I got here as soon as I got to it's your place...and seems like they hurriedly left hearing the siren!" Mew just scanned around the room without reacting to his words.

             Spotting something, Mew quickly moved into his living room and picked up his parents picture. Mew quickly checked and let out a relieved sigh seeing the frame and the picture intact, Luke and Gulf exchanged a look before Luke spoke again "I checked...nothing seems to be stolen...nothing broken...they just randomly tossed your living room..." Gulf looked at Luke and back at the room. This time Gulf intently scanned the room, and saw slightly different...he could tell they did not toss the place but arranged it as if it was tossed. Being in an occupation where you need to believe that nothing is a coincidence or random, he knew that tonight was not any random break-in. Gulf hardened, he slowly clenched his hand while slowly sliding them into his pocket, he watched Mew held onto the picture. Gulf clenched his jaw as his anger rose...knowing that tonight was a WARNING to Mew...and him. He broke out of his raising anger when Luke spoke again "I think it's best you stay somewhere else, at least tonight...until we completely sweep the place for any bug or something!". Mew placed the picture on the nearby table and finally turned to face them "Becky will be home tomorrow...and I prefer she doesn't find out about this!" Mew answered looking at Luke. Luke nodded in response, and before he could say anything more Gulf spoke gaining the old friends attention "Then you can stay at my place for tonight!", Luke thought for a second and looked at Mew for his answer. Mew took a deep breath and from the intense stare from both Luke and Gulf, Mew decided it was best that he did not trigger any one of them.

Gulf's Bar,

             Mew stared at the Bar's name-tag confused, "I know it's an off for me tomorrow...but I was really not hoping for any late night drink..." Mew commented while Gulf walked towards him laughing at his comments, after parking his car. Gulf looked at the building standing alongside Mew, "I usually don't get a lot of sleep but..." Gulf slowly pointed towards the 7-story building above the bar's name "But that's our place..." he stated. Mew looked at Gulf with a small smirk "You're landlord must be very generous...between letting you run a bar and getting shot at...he's let you live here too!" Gulf smiled "Yes...he is very VERY generous!" Mew narrowed his eyes at the smugness of Gulf's word. Mew's reaction slowly changed "Wait...you own the place" Mew asked in Gulf laughed "Actually...I and P'Mild own the entire building, while Leo and Fiat also own a share in it!" Gulf answered with pride. Mew smiled at Gulf, who showed the way towards the side of the building, Mew smiled and followed Gulf and saw another entrance from the side of the building.