Chapter 7 - A new light

Hello all! here's the next chapter...its a small chapter, hope you enjoy it... 

----------------------------

     That's why I married her' the words rang for the nth time in Gulf's ear as he stared through the overview of the hospital from the corridor window, while hurrying out of his brother's room he had used up all his energy pushing the wheels of his chair. Hence he was sitting in the main corridor that has the view of the entire hospital, though he was looking out the window his mind was still seeing Mew's face. Gulf momentarily closed his eyes trying to collect his thoughts but instead his mind reminded him of the excited feeling he had felt when he first saw Mew in his room...his caring smile... his sharp jaw-line...his touch. Gulf opened his eyes startled by his own train of thoughts; he looked around in habit and saw Mew walking in the opposite direction from corridor he had just rushed out. "There you are!" Gulf barely reacted when Alex called him from his other side, he remind quite as Alex pushed him back to his room. Just as they reached his room, gulf told Alex that he would like to sit like this for some more time confusing her but nevertheless she compiled and left him in the wheelchair in the middle of the room.

*Slam*

Alex shut the door while Gulf sat in the same position for few minutes with his thoughts still occupied by his brother's words and Mew's face; he sighed shaking his head and slowly pushed the chair to the corner of the room, slowly got up and limped towards his bed. The residual pain from the limping and his struggle to settle in the bed momentarily distracted him, but as soon as he leaned back in the bed...all his thoughts hit play from pause. Confused would be under-stating his feelings... as he was unsure of what he was feeling, the statement from Mild surprised him but somehow he felt lighter than before. And seeing Mew at that moment made it feel like all the pieces came to its place...except the picture was still blurred for Gulf.

               He still vividly remembered the time Mild started dating... he had never seen his brother smile so much... the change in him was evident, though a little disappointed at first it was then Gulf decided to keep Mild at a distance away from their business... for him to live a normal and happier life. His mind suddenly showed him an image of him in place of his brother, smiling and enjoying something...with someone beside, Gulf vigorously shook his head to stop his train of thoughts since he could already feel it. "You're losing it gulf!" he mumbled to himself running his hand though his face, he took a deep breath, "I just need some sleep... just some sleep, Yes!!" he said to himself, leaned back and closed his eyes ...only the first thing that popped in his mind of Mew's laughing face.

Next day,

Gulf had decided to completely ignore all the 'unnecessary' thoughts his mind kept playing... all in all he had decided he needed to get well soon and get out of the hospital to actually feel better. So this time gulf himself suggested he would go to the walking area and since Alex was busy somewhere else another nurse took him out to the walking area. The young nurse soon stopped his wheelchair in the grassy area away from the walking path and walked away from him with her eyes glued to her phone. Gulf watched her in silence and smiled when she went to with some other fellow nurses; he didn't find any kind of will to stand up to walk so he just sat there with the crutches on his lap. He once again glanced towards the nurse, who was happily chatting away when he noticed a familiar figure sitting in the table behind her.

         Gulf eyes stopped at Dr. Mew... who was eating with a few colleagues, yet gulf's mind focused only on Mew blurring out the rest of the people around them. Gulf stared at Mew like he's the only person there...but unlike any other time everything Mew did had an effect on Gulf surprising him. Gulf almost stopped breathing seeing Mew smile and laughing...his mouth dried seeing him drink his water...he started to feel hungry seeing him eat his lunch though he just had his. Feeling the heat flow through his face, Gulf at once turned away trying to control his raged breathing. Seeing how taking deep breathes didn't help he decided to leave to his room but the wheels didn't budge, even after putting all his strength on it. He bent down to the side and saw the lock was on the wheel; he took irritated breath almost cursing the nurse aloud and tried to reach it by himself.