Chapter 8a - Too many things....

Hello all! hope all are doing well!! I first apologize for being this late...but i was not able to complete the chapter last week. So since the chapter was super long i'm updating it in two parts...so here's part 1. See y'all at the end...

---------------------------------------------

Next day morning,

       Mew held Gulf's leg and rotated it slowly to see if he any residual pain, though Mew was not his assigned orthopedic he was worried for Gulf's over straining legs and ribs from the recent falls. Seeing Gulf roll his wheelchair at that speed the from the day before, Mew his still recovering ribs was under lot of stress and that was not good for him; Mew looked at Gulf who looked lost and lifeless staring at his legs. Mew had decided to visit him at least once a day to keep Gulf's temper in check, yet the sudden appearance of dark circles under Gulf's eyes was his main concern for the day. Mew slowly flexed gulf's leg and when felt a sudden jerk from gulf he looked at him knowing it meant there was sharp pain yet Gulf sat with a tired look on his face. Mew slowly placed his leg back with a small sigh, "Did you even get any sleep yesterday...Mr. Kana?" Mew asked finally making Gulf look at him and all he got in reply was a loud sigh.

FB:

At 3am,

             Gulf stared at the ceiling wide awake, his mind was still a mess from the flood of emotions he's had the entire day; tired from all the turning and tossing he has been doing for the past two hours he stayed put in one position. He sighed when he started to feel the weight settle in his stomach 'again', he closed his eyes as blood started to rush to his head and his eyes started burn. He opened his eyes and the first tear graced the side of his face, his bad memories and nightmares returned since they substantially reduced his pain meds. He clenched both his fist in anger as the memory of a single incident kept replaying, disturbing him at every count. He raised his hand and placed it over his eyes as more tears flooded out, Gulf didn't try to hide or control it but cried as the memory of...losing his two best friends had stayed fresh in his mind for the past 8 years. He took a deep breath between his tears, drank some water and layed back just as the swollen eyes from the crying were making it difficult for him to keep it open just as sleep slowly made it way... he closed his eyes knowing his nightmares were nowhere near to stopping.

:FB

"It's getting better..." Gulf who had barely got 3 hours of sleep, answered Mew putting a smile on his face. Mew sighed and took a step forward towards him but backed again remembering something, he took Gulf's other leg and rotated similarly and felt the same pull from him. "You're putting too much strain on the other leg too...Mr. Kana! You need to balance your weight equally while walking with the crotches!!" Gulf glanced at his leg and back at Mew, he slowly nodded in response. Gulf's mind was too occupied with his past memories and drowsiness... to allow any other kind of feelings, so he didn't shy away from directly looking at Mew this time. Gulf finally woke up from his drowsiness when he heard Mew's phone ring aloud, Mew quickly disconnected the call and texted something in a flash.

             Mew walked forward towards Gulf's side, "can you lift your left hand above your head?" Mew asked politely while Gulf looked on sensing the calm yet a serious tone in his voice. Gulf slowly raised his hand but not before slightly wincing just as his hand went above his head. Mew's phone again rang loudly earning a loud sigh from Mew, yet he focused only on gulf "now the right!" he asked almost like a command. Gulf though confused by his behavior obeyed him without a word and raised his hand above his head freely this time without any pain and on cue Mew's phone rang on. But before Mew could take his phone Gulf spoke "You should attend the call...it might be important!" Mew smiled slightly and took a step back and took his phone out. Mew placed it on his ear, "Honey! I texted you...I'll call..." Gulf's ear perked up as soon as he heard Mew's 'Honey'. Gulf's drowsiness suddenly disappeared with his senses on high alert, though he tried to be casual his eyes were directly focused on Mew and his expression; Mew held a straight face while silently listening to the phone while he started to feel the daggering stares from Gulf.