Chapter 12A - The Heart wants...

Hello all! hope all are doing okay? I'm very sorry for the late update...the past week has been horrible! so i couldn't finish off the chapter....i actually wanted to update both parts within the week. So here's part one of Chapter 12...hope you like it, see you at the end!

-----------------------------------

Hospital corridor,

Gulf couldn't help the smile on his face, while Mew pushed his wheelchair back to his room; "You seem to be in better mood...I thought you would be plotting to break out of the hospital by now" Mew commented seeing Gulf's face glowing with smiles since he saw with Mild. Gulf laughed in return feeling the sarcasm in Mew's voice, but before he could answer they reached Gulf's new room which is closer to Mild's than the previous one. Mew wheeled him inside the room and turned on the lights, at once Gulf asked "How is my brother?" Mew paused, looked at Gulf and smiled seeing the seriousness in his face "He's recovering well...all his reports are promising...he would full recovery with proper care...but until then he might need an extra hand" Mew answered calmly, with his hand folded in front of him. Gulf nodded along and smiled at Mew "Ya...and thank you for taking care of my brother... from the beginning..." Mew smiled and cut between Gulf's words "oh no...don't...It's my job Mr. Kana...and I love my job very much!" Gulf smiled seeing his truth of the words in his eyes.

"...Still thank you..." with a small pause gulf looked up at Mew again "How have...YOU been dr.?" Mew looked at Gulf in surprise. Mew let out a small laugh moving his gaze from Gulf "Well...busy as usual...lot of patients rolling in....you know doctor's life!" he said putting his hands into his pants pocket, Gulf chuckled "good to know..." he replied momentarily looking away. And the silence was all that followed for the next 10 minutes and they didn't seem to mind it either as they looked at each other... smiling, forgetting anything that has...or had been disturbing them before. It was Gulf who came out of his staring thanks to his racing heart, he momentarily looked away smiling and back at Mew who was still holding his genuine smile. Gulf suddenly raised his two hands up, gesturing to help him up making Mew surprised and confused at the same time, "I've been experiencing pain in my leg...and you told me I shouldn't strain it too..." Gulf said looking at his leg with his hands still hanging in the air. Mew narrowed his eyes but still walked ahead, put his arm around Gulf waist while he used the other to pulls the gulf's arm around his shoulder and pulled his up with him. Gulf couldn't control his smile he turned his head away to hide it yet Mew could clearly feel and see it from the side, Mew slowly helped Gulf to his bed.

Mew covered the sheets over Gulf's legs, Gulf smiled like a little kid being tucked by his mother "Thank you Dr. Mew!" he said leaning behind, Mew was still confused by his friendly behaviour but he couldn't help but smile in return. Mew put his hands in his pant pockets, "Take good rest Mr. Kana! You seem to have lost a lot of your sleep in the past few days..." Mew said pointing towards his face. Gulf smiled nodding his head while his mind replayed the last few nights in his mind, 'If only he knew!' his mind spoke making him chuckle. "Good night Dr. Mew!" Gulf wished sliding down the bed, Mew smiled nodding and slowly walked back to the door, pushed the wheelchair to the side, opened the door, turned back to see Gulf watching him "Good night Mr. Kana!" he wished Gulf and switched off the room lights before leaving.

As soon as the door closed, Gulf let out a sigh and turned to stare at the ceiling; Mew's smile was still lingering in his mind. He slowly reached to the side table and got his phone, he opened to see a few new messages, and he opened the one from Leo and stared at the phone for few minutes. He quickly typed a reply but paused before sending it, 'I'll be there in a few days...just wait till then!' he stared at the reply while both Mild and Mew's angry face kept popping in his head, with a long breath he sighed he hit 'send'. He smiled feeling the quiet and peace surrounding him; he had missed it from the time he left this place...the peacefulness in his heart and his mind; and without even trying his eyes started to weigh heavy and slowly fell into deep slumber.