Chapter 4 - Adamant!

Hello all! here's the next chapter...hope you guys like it! See you'll at the end!!

----------------------

Gulf hardened his face and tried to control his expression, while the cops watched him stare at them blankly. "Mr. Gulf Kanawut?" one of the cops asked him and entered when gulf just nodded in reply; two of them entered into the room while the other stood at the door. Gulf calmed himself while the conversation with his gang ran through his mind. "Hope you're doing well Mr. Kanawut?" the cop asked, gulf nodded and deliberately acted as if he was hurting even while nodding. "Yes..." he replied in small, the cop smiled "I'm Officer David and this is Officer Mathew... We were already warned by your doctor to let you rest but if you don't mind we'd like to ask you some questions??" Gulf stared at the cop while contemplating many answers and it results when a familiar voice startled the officers and gulf "and what if he does?".

Gulf stretched his neck around to see Mew standing at the door with his arms crossed, looking he visibly irritated with his eyes fixed on the cops. Gulf looked back at the cops and saw them nod at him with a smile; Mew let out a deep breath and walked into the room to the other side of gulfs bed. The cops "... We're sorry doctor! But we also need to investigate the accident...we're on a lot of pressure here..." Gulf looked at the cop as soon as his authoritative tone changed when he spoke to Mew.

Gulf kept looking between Mew and the cops silently while both of them were trying to convince each other of their reasons; gulf used this time to think about the possible questions from them and the answers he need to give that might not put his brother in any trouble.

FB:

While the three of them said their goodbyes and left the room, Leo lingered back waiting for them to leave; gulf looked at Leo as soon as the rest left. "What is it?" Gulf asked in his business tone, Leo walked towards Gulf "Like I told you in the phone...I think the cops are catching on to us!" Leo spoke with the same amount of seriousness. Gulf took a second before questioning him "How?", Leo momentarily looked towards the door and back at Gulf "They've been coming to places that has nothing to do with the accident...". Gulf looks ahead thinking while Leo continued "...I think someone's tipping them off...and some cops are in it too" Gulf instantly looks at Leo, not completely surprised by his words. He had sensed and has been suspecting it for some time now but he kept it away from the rest except his brother not knowing who to trust.

:FB

Mew's loud sigh brought Gulf away from his thoughts, gulf looked at Mew stayed silent yet looked more irritated than he was 5 minutes ago. Gulf looked towards the cops just as they turned their attention back to him, "So what can you tell us about the accident?" Off. Mathew asked taking out his pen and pad. Gulf glanced towards Mew and back at his hand, "I was driving back my brother in his car... some car was speeding behind us...so we sped up a little on the over ridge to dodge them...and before we knew it something hit us...I don't remember anything after that..." he narrated it slowly reliving that moment while altering the words a little. Mew along with the cops watched him closely while he spoke, Off. David nodded but before he could ask gulf spike again "But I remember someone's voice...someone said 'stay with me...' that voice kept running through my mind...now I don't remember the voice anymore..." Mew stared at gulf while gulf kept eyes focused on his lap trying to remember the voice again.

Mew looked away when he sensed gulf was about to raise his head, "Your brother?" was the first question Off. Mathew asked after hearing Gulf. Both Gulf and Mew looked at them and this time Mew spoke "Yes his brother...the one you guys pulled out from the river ... if you want to know... you can NOT question him since he's completely in a cast!" Mew said with a sarcastic voice that amused Gulf more than anything. The cops nodded at Mew while he stared back, "Can we ask what your brother does for a living?" Off. David asked, Gulf casually answered "He's works in XX Company as a stock broker!".