Chapter 32 - One Good Shot!

Hello! I'm back...thank you all for all the responses for last chapter, so I didn't want to leave the cliffhanger for long time, so here the next chapter!! This is a short chapter...hope you like it...

-----------------------------------

A few minutes ago,

Outside the factory,

       Mew anxiously leaned over to see any signs of Max-Mild or Gulf but was only greeted with the greased factory wall hiding the closed doors and absolute silence...a silence that was mentally draining the life out of him. His grip over the steering wheel tightened making his nerves jump out of his skin. Feeling his anxiety get the better of him, Mew quickly checked his phone for the nth time which showed him it had been 10 mins since his call with Luke...he just hoped they would get out before they could hear the sirens. He closed his eyes and shook his head "no...no...no...you promised him you'd stay here...they'll be here Mew! Just calm down!!" he chanted to himself while trying to keep himself in the car. Hearing a faint sound of noise amongst the New York horns, Mew opened his eyes and the first thing he noticed was the movement in the rear-view reflection.

        He immediately spotted a car a few feet away from his, while his focus was on the car, his eyes again picked up a movement from the mirror. Without any sudden movement, he slides to get a better view, to catch a fleet of heavily armed men slowly moving towards him. He felt a chill run through his bones with every step they took forward, he knew running out was of no use. Drawing a blank from his mind, he took a deep breath to calm himself from having a cardiac arrest before thinking of anything. Jarred's men had one important instruction to follow...not to let anyone of them out ALIVE, they slowly approached the car but halted feeling a slight jerk in the car. The Guy in the front took a glance at the passenger side of the seat and signalled them to follow his suit. At once, they covered the open-side (passenger side) of the car and took an open fire all at once.

         The car crumbled with each bullet hole piercing through its doors, and shattering the glasses...loud enough to be heard through the entire street. The car was a complete wreck when firing finally came to a halt having emptied their clips. While their ears were still ringing from the shooting one of them stepped towards the smoking car...only to find it empty to their surprise. The men became restless finding the empty car while Mew peaked at them hiding behind the huge pipes stacked at the compound on the other side of the car. He held his breath and sank behind the pipes, contemplating what would have happened to him if he had not gotten out from the other just as they started shooting. He took a deep breath trying to think of something to escape them, he took a peek again to see them run ahead searching for him. Seeing an opening towards the door, he ran at once without a thought a spare and opened the door but stopped looking frantically around. He hesitated to enter the building knowing the danger waiting inside...or worse the danger he might put on Gulf. But the suddenly sound of footsteps from outside made him leap inside and hide behind the door, but froze as soon as he felt the cold metal on his temple. He closed his eyes cursing his decision and hoped Luke would get there, at least to save the rest of them.

Present,

      Both Max and Mild stood rooted to their place seeing the condition of Mew's car in front of them. Mild felt his legs weaken seeing irreparable wreckage, "Oh god!!" he exclaimed bringing Max out of his thoughts. Max finally snapped out of the shock of seeing Mew's favourite car shot into nothing but a scrap, he turned to look at Mild who looked completely pale while staggering towards the car. Knowing what Mild was afraid of, Max took a quick glance around the vicinity to check for any more sidekicks and found it completely empty except for a car behind a few feet away from them. Max took a deep breath and walked past a surprised Mild, towards the car. Without any hesitation, he pulled the shredded car door making Mild yelped in fear of what they might find inside, and almost lost his balance when he finally saw it was empty. Max took a deep breath and looked at Mild with a small smile, who was finally calming down himself, he turned his attention back to the car and started searching. Mild took a few deep breaths "Oh god!! I thought...oh god...Mew will be fine right?! Coz if at all anything happens to Mew...gulf will go completely out of control!!" Mild shuddered at the thought of the aftermath.