Chapter 9 - Unwanted

Hello all, hope all are taking care of yourself! I'm sorry for another late update, I had to cut short a very lengthy chapter. Hope you understand....and like it...see ya...

--------------------

Morning,

          Mew walked into the hospital building and noticed Max walking from the other side smiling at him and though internally sighing Mew put on a smile on his face, "Good Morning!"  Max wished him briskly while Mew calmly smiled and wished back "Morning!!" making Max nod in response. Both of them got into the elevator and rode the first few floors in silence while Max was silently bouncing in his place with a big smile visibly irking Mew, "So are you still not gonna tell me where did you disappear off too that night? Or how you hurt our hand??" Max broke the silence while Mew internally wanted to melt in that place than to answer him. But Mew turned to Max with blank expression, "I already told you Max..." Max rolled his eyes "Ya! I mean...it must have been pretty important thing...to blow off your best friend at dinner..." Max asked with a dramatically hand gesture. Mew rolled his eyes mentally noting that he was going to use this long time to come, "I really did forget my wallet Max!" Mew said mentally noting it was HALF-truth.

FB:

Night of the dinner,

"Tell me...you did not forget your wallet!" Max asked trying to sound calm while seeing Mew run his hands over pockets; Mew smiled apologetically failing to find the wallet on him. Max stared at his friend, "Fine then pay with your phone...coz it's your treat today!" Max said to his friend sipping on his first beer. Mew narrowed his eyes in Max "It's been my treat for the past five times, Man!" he retorted, he took out his phone and searched through something. With a straight face he suddenly got up from his seat "You start without me...I'll quickly go get my wallet!" he didn't even wait to hear Max object and walked away in a hurry.

              He walked into the hospital and slowed his pace seeing everyone go about their jobs; he quickly went to his floor walked towards his room but stopped at the nurse station and quickly scanned to notice the absence of Nurse Alex. He shook his head, took a deep breath and without a second thought walked to his room; he took his keys and walked out to see Alex walking back into the nursing station. He walked slowly by the station, "Done with rounds Mrs. Alex!" Alex turned around at the mention of her name; it took a second for her to change from being startled to being confused. She shook her head "Not yet! I just went to the storage to store few of the old files we had...Didn't you leave for dinner" Mew froze for a second. Seeing the series look Alex at once walked out "I'm going to make the rounds now...I'll start with Gulf!" but Mew at once shook his head "It's okay Mrs. Alex...I've come this far...I'll check on gulf! You can start with others!!" Mew walked away without waiting for their response, while the nurses at the station stared at his retrieving figure in confusion.

He started with slow steps towards Gulf's room that slowly increased its speed when he saw the corridor lights dim and slowed as soon as he came near Gulf's room. He stopped in front of the door, he suddenly shook his breath with a small chuckle, he slide the door open and froze in shock by the site. He stood glued to his place as he saw a guy in all black standing next to a sleeping gulf with a knife... thankfully the guy didn't hear the door open. The guy looked over the side of the bed seeing his target sleeping peacefully, he kept gripping his knife tighter and tighter. He slowly raised the knife above the bed and just as he was about to place it on his neck, a strong grip stopped him in mid way.

        Alarmed, the guy at once turned to see Mew holding his wrist with an unbelievable strength but more than that he was held in her s place by the anger blazing from his eyes. Mew didn't take much time to twist his arm, to take the knife away from Gulf; the guy somehow managed to get his hand free and send by the knife at Mew. Mew easily dodged it and took the gap to punch the guy's nose that instantly started to bleed. Mew glanced at Gulf still sleeping and back at the guy, who had already lunged at Mew with knife to his neck; Mew instinctively blocked the knife with his hand shocking the guy. Mew's anger rose to another level...