Chapter 17 - Don't Panic!

Hello all, hope all are doing good!! So I'm here with the next chapter...sorry it's gonna a little long chapter, hope you survive till the end. Enjoy, See ya at the end... 

------------------------------

Hospital entrance,

Mew quickly brought around his car to the exit door, where Mild was waiting in his wheelchair with the nurse and Jack, who had unsuccessfully tried to get in the way of Mew's suggestion. The nurse helped Mild get into Mew's car, just as Mew reclined the passenger seat for Mild's comfort, Jack stepped forward with a smile. Before Mild could apologize again, Jack spoke with his hands raised "Don't worry about it Mr. S...your doctor is right! You're still recovering and you need to take care of yourself better for now..." smiled at Mew and Mild. Mew smiled back suddenly feeling guilty for doubting his intentions, Jack continued "...So you guys could just follow my car...we'll pick up Leo on the way to the bar! Since I've already been paid..." Mew let out a small sigh, with his doubt back again. Mild nodded enthusiastically surprising and confusing Mew; Jack just nodded with the same smile and walked to his cab while Mild thanked the nurse before closing the door and buckling up in his seat.

           Mew slowly followed Jack's cab; he kept glancing over the rear-view mirror to check if they were being followed while cautiously keeping a distance. Feeling the chills, Mew turned to see Mild staring at him with a smile, Mew shrugs his shoulder and looks at him weird trying to express his confusion. Mild chuckles and looks ahead "...you must have spent quite some time with Gulf...coz you're thinking exactly like him now..." Mew awkwardly smiled at the comment. It took Mew a few seconds for the sentence to hit him, he genuinely wondered why he was driving a patient...he had just known for about a month...during his duty hours...that has been discharged...becoz of some weird-out gut feeling. "Take the next right!" Mild's voice brought him back from his thought, Mew ahead and saw no such indication from the cab "I don't think he's turning right though..." Mew replied pointing towards the cab. Mild shrugged "oh no...we're not following him...we'll take another route, he can pick Leo on his own...if at all he planned to..." Mild added surprising Mew.

Mew looked at Mild with his eyes wide "w...what...?" Mild chuckled seeing Mew's expression "Oh I don't doubt him..." Mew nodded confused while Mild continued "...I know he's not here to take me home...or nor is he gonna pick up Leo!" Mew stared at Mild with his jaws open. Mild pointed towards the signal, "take this right!" Mew focused on the road and slowed down to voluntarily get caught up in the signal while the cab had already passed through it, he quickly took a right turn and drove while checking the mirror again. Mild smiled "Thanks doc! For offering to drop me...you might have saved my life...again!" Mew took a deep breath, slowly eased into his seat. Mew glanced towards Mild and looked ahead "Well...I don't quite understand your work...but from what you've told me...and what I've witnessed so far..." Mew had the image of the wrecked bar stuck in his brain. "...it doesn't seem very peachy..." Mew ended the sentence with a concerned tone; Mild laughed nodding along Mew "Ya! It isn't...never is..." Mild stared ahead as unforgettable memories ran through his mind, making him grow serious.

        Mew could feel change just by sitting beside him but he kept quietly driving when Mild let out a deep breath "...sadly this was our only choice!" he said sadly staring at the road ahead. Mew stayed silent, he could sense that he had no right to imagine or assume their pain or journey that lead to their decisions. Mild shook his head, looked at Mew with a small and saw Mew's dilemma face, "You can tell me what's in your mind..." he said making Mew look at him lightly surprised. Mew smiled and looked ahead, "I probably have no right to say this...but... I understand it may seem like you had no choice...but there's always other choice around us... we just have to look and be brave enough to choose it..." Mew looked at Mild with smile. "I've personally seen people prove that!" Mew added and focused back on the road while Mild just stared at Mew, as the depth of the words finally started sinking in him.