Chapter 19 - Woke up with you!

Hello all! hope all are doing great...SO this is a smaller chapter compared to other cause i'm hoping your imagination will do most of the work here. So hope you like it...see ya at the end!  PS - pic credited to google (or rightful owner)

-----------------------------

    Gulf watched as Max helped Mew lay on the bed after getting him treated in the hospital. Mild was advised to stay one night over in the hospital while Mew was advised the same but he argued against it and won. Mew who was already drowsy with the painkillers dozed off as soon as he hit the bed, while Gulf just watched unable to move from his place. Gulf clenched his fist tighter inside his pockets. The images of Mew's burns around his arm, bruises on his back and head like someone had hit him or something that caused him to faint in the middle of the forest, is and will always haunt him. Gulf closed his eyes feeling his eyes burn, all he could hear was 'if only you hadn't met him!' that his inner voice kept repeating it making him even more miserable. He couldn't help but think if he was too selfish to decide to spend time with him that made him conveniently forget the danger that might befall Mew because of it. Gulf held back his tears reliving the memories of his friends' fate and couldn't even begin to comprehend the thought of anything similar happening to Mew.

               He sat on the couch with his head in his hand as another set of tears made its way out...this was the fourth time he had cried today. He wiped his face and took a few breaths to calm himself, he began to contemplate that may be it would be best for Mew if he walked out of the apartment right now and never come anywhere near his life again. He dropped his head when suddenly, the voice in his head changed 'It's too late now, Gulf...you want him safe, stay and protect him...at all cost!' it took a few seconds but Gulf chuckled between his tears listening to the voice that sounded a lot like his brother. He slowly wiped the last set of tears and looked up to see Mew's parent's picture, and internally promised them that he would protect their son with his life. Gulf got startled out of his emotional thoughts, as soon as he saw the glass of water in front of him and the voice that followed "you need to stop over thinking!" Gulf looked up to see Max smile at him. Gulf took the glass with a small thank you; Max patted his shoulder "Mew will be fine! Don't worry...he's stronger than you think!" he tried to sound honest and cheerful yet Gulf plainly smiled in response.

Gulf lightly bowed a 'thank you' to Max, who waved and left Mew's house for the night; he turned around to be greeted with still silence and walked towards Mew's room but paused at the door feeling the guilt peak out again. He shook his head and walked into Mew's dim-light room sighing heavily as soon as he noticed Mew's bandaged hand. Feeing himself out of place, Gulf was about to walk out when he hears something. He turned to notice the noise from Mew yet Gulf could barely see anything in the darkness. He quickly walked towards Mew and slowly sat at his bedside to get a better view of his face. And on cue the clouds gradually parted to let the moon light from the nearby open window brighten the room a little. Gulf watched Mew concerned at his sudden whimpering in his sleep, and got more worried when he noticed the tears at the corner of his eyes, that shone like star under the moonlight. Gulf slowly reached his hand up and wiped the tears before it graced the rest of his face. Gulf remembered Max's words from just a few minutes ago,

"The Mew I met for the first time...during our first year was very different...he was very outgoing and honest. He was too straight-forward irrespective of the person in front of him...he always said what was in his heart...always ready to help anyone in need...and would do anything for his friends and family.

But the passing of his parents changed him, over-night he became this serious, mature person...so he could become a better person to take care of and role model for his sister who was still very young.