Chapter 18 - Burn it

Hello, hope all are doing great? Sorry got caught up in my work a little...so here's the next chapter...hope you like it! see ya at the end...

-----------------------

Mew checked one of the men who held a gun to his neck, who was now laying on the gurney totally unconsciousness and burns over his face. He instructed the paramedics before they took him away; he watched the ambulance drive away while he clenched his fist trying to handle the throbbing pain from his wrist and back. He slowly turned away to see Gulf run up to Mild and almost jump on him, he smiled lightly imagining how much he must have been worried about his brother. He slowly walked towards them, Mild who noticed Mew first pointed towards his brother clinging to him. Mew laughed at Mild's expression "He's fine, Mr. Kana!" Mew said, seeing how Gulf was crushing Mild. Gulf slowly moved away from Mild and turned towards Mew, who smiled back at him and turned to Mild asking if he was alright. Gulf looked at Mew, his eyes observing every small detail of his face; his usual-perfectly sculpted face was now covered in sweat and dirt...most of the ashes from the fire.

        Gulf watched Mew smile at Mild, his eyes suddenly started to tear-up on its own as he finally felt all the troubled feeling fade away. The minute he had heard that Mew was with his brother, his heart had almost stopped...the thought of him being hurt because of him, drove him crazy. Gulf watched as Mew turned towards him with the same smile, which gradually dropped seeing him cry. Mew's eyes grew wider in concern, Gulf felt a rush of overwhelming emotions inside him...he wanted to scream and cry to let out his feeling. But instead he chose to leap forwards and pull Mew into a tight hug, he held him close...and kept pulling him closer feeling his heart and mind out of control. Mew slightly winced as a current of pain passed through his body but he stayed still. Not just because he was startled but also because he felt Gulfs silent sobbing over his shoulder. Gulf slowly felt the heaviness lessen while Mew stood frozen, feeling his heart doing flips in different directions.

"I'm glad...I'm so glad...that you both... are okay!" Gulf whispered over Mew's shoulder while he slowly relaxed; Mew smiled lightly hearing him and looked at Mild who just had a knowing smile on his face,

FB*

       "I've personally seen people prove that!" Mew added and focussed back on the road while Mild just stared at Mew, as the depth of the words finally started sinking in him. Mild slowly smiled at him and looked ahead "Gulf is someone who never invests any emotion on things...he may seem cold and distant to an outsider..." Mew's eyes perked as soon as he heard Mild take Gulf's name, while Mild just continued "...the truth is...he isn't afraid to care...just afraid to lose them..." Mild took a deep breath before continuing "We've had everything taken away from us...and since we've realised it hurt less when we not value things anymore!" The heaviness with which Mild spoke these words was something Mew understood all too well. Mew stared ahead with a serious expression reliving his past memories, Mild shook his head with a chuckle and continued without looking at Mew. "All I'm telling is...he usually doesn't invest his emotions on anything...or anyone, but when he does...he goes all out!" Mild's confident tone made Mew turn his head, Mew slowly smile understanding the last sentence was targeted only to him.

*FB

            Mew looked away from Mild and saw Gulf's head still buried in his shoulder, Mew slowly wrapped one of his hand around his waist and stroke it lightly "Yes Mr. Kana...we both are fine!" the words just make Gulf to tighten his grip around his shoulder. "Mew!" a loud voice echoed breaking Gulf out of his hug, he moved back and saw another person...a cop walk towards them briskly. Gulf immediately looked at Mild with his eyes wide, he could recognize from the times they almost got caught for their 'second' night business. Mild eyed him to stay calm without raising any suspicions; Gulf just gave a small nod and took a step back. The cop walked to the trio and turned towards Mild, Mew glanced at Gulf and Mild's stoic face and spoke first "This is my friend...Dt. Luke!" both Mild and Gulf looked at each other and at the cop smiling at them.