Chapter 15A - Closing Early

Hello all, hope all are doing good! Thank you for all the love you've given for this story...and like I promised I'm here with the next chapter. Hope you like it...

Pictures credited to rightfully owners

------------------

Date night,

      Mew stares at the bar entrance wishing he could run away from there, he could see people were having fun inside as the ones that were leaving the bar were laughing half-drunk; shaking his head and hoping to not have so much fun he walked inside. He told the bouncer outside his name and he happy let him inside after confirming his reservation. He walked in just to be hit by loud music, with his ear still adjusting to the heavy sound he walked in to see the place fairly packed but not overly crowded which was a surprise considering it was a Friday night. He soon found a good table from where he could see almost the entire setting...the darts game, the pool table...even a few foosball table, he instantly liked the place and adjusted to its atmosphere in no time; he kept on checking his watch as his 'date' had still not arrived. He looked towards the bar table to see if it was crowded to order any drinks, where he noticed a familiar face...yet he couldn't pin point on where he saw him.

         Suddenly another familiar figure passed behind him and at once he knew it was Gulf...shocked he moved his head to get a clear view...and in seconds he did, it was definitely Gulf arranging few drinks behind; he looked back at the familiar face and realised it was one of friends (Leo). An instant excitement flushed through him, just as he was about to get up from his table when his phone pinged and blinked a message.

Sorry, still on the way...I'm 10 minutes away from the bar...see you soon - Neil

Mew initially confused, realised why he had come to the bar in the first place...his date...with 'Neil'; an instantly tension built in his mind and the pit of his stomach. He looked around frantically and found another table opposite to him right adjacent to the pillar. He glanced up to see Gulf walking behind the bar, and quickly got up from his table and slided into the seat having his back to the pillar. He put his head on his hand; cursing his fate and remembered who had arranged it...at once he shifted his curse to his so called 'good friend'. 15mins had passed while Mew tried to hide from Gulf while a number of girls and boys tried to hit on him by buying him drinks; he closed his eyes and had decided to leave the bar when someone called his name admist the loud noise. Mew startled by hearing his name turned to see another good-looking man smiling at him, "Dr. Suppasit right? I'm Neil!" the guy introduced himself; Mew wanted to smack himself at the perfect timings in life.

      With nervous laugh, Mew got up and shook his hand and unwillingly invited to sit with him by pointing the seat in front of him; Neil sat down smiling at Mew while Mew kept glancing back to see Gulf busy with his customers. "I'm sorry I'm late...I got stuck in work last minute..." Neil began the conversation, Mew turned back to him "no...no...it's...I understand, you can't control these things..." Mew stuttered his reply, completely leaning on the pillar to cover himself. Neil smiled nodding "You look a lot different from the last time I saw you..." Mew smiled and nodded with his head still stuck on Gulf, and suddenly looked up confused "from...last time?" Neil raised an eyebrow "ahmm ya...we've met before....not personally though...I was there at Max's birthday party from four years ago...you came along with him! You did look exhausted...didn't Max tell you!" Mew was having a hard time remembering anything. Mew just nodded along smiling "I'm sorry it's all very blur now...and Max just said you were a friend's friend!" Mew answered feeling a little embarrassed and out of himself.

Neil nodded with a smile knowing Max and looked at his phone when it buzzed; Mew once again turned towards the bar and saw Gulf talking with Leo seriously. Neil looked up "Is there something wrong?" he asked gaining Mew attention, Mew at once nervously smiled shaking his head "nothing ...I was just seeing the crowd!" Mew answered. Neil suddenly started giggling surprising Mew; Neil smiled "Nothing...I was very nervous coming here today...I hadn't been on a date in a long time...but I feel better now..." Mew felt something settle in his stomach. Neil laughed again seeing Mew's 'freaking' face "I actually...kinda I like someone now..." It took a few seconds but Mew's eyes grew wider and happier. "I'm just doing a friend a favour now...just like someone I assume!" he said pointing towards Mew making him laugh. Both laugh for some time and settle feeling unburdened, "Thank you...for saying that..." Mew commented placing his hand over his chest, between his laughs when he noticed someone familiar on a glass pillar in front of him.