#40: The Fall of Andaria

Palace

"Where is Charles this time?'", Theo clicked his tongue and armed himself with his sword. "Your Grace, please stay here in the Palace", the royal guards begged him. "They're just small fries trying to scratch this Kingdom", Theo raised his sword. The blade seems thirsty to decapitate a head. 

"They're using explosives and we had a report that they are using a new weaponry called guns", Dan tried to push the Emperor back to the throne. "Dan, you're such a coward. Let me go", Theo pushed him behind. "Father, I will join as well", Xylan held on the sword he grabbed from his room. "Son, you grew up well", Theo patted his head. "This is a fight between me and your brother. I will just go and scold him a bit", Theo turned and walked away. Xylan wasn't sure what kind of face he was making marching to silence his son. Xylan still doubted that his brother would spearhead a rebellion. 

"He cares for you, you don't have to worry". 

Xylan gritted his teeth and held onto his head

Xylan gritted his teeth and held onto his head. "What should I do?", he grunted. "Stay alive, Your Highness", Liam grabbed his shoulder. "We'll use the emergency tunnel", Liam led the way. "Liam, where is my mother?", Xylan turned to look at the panicking crowd. "She's being guarded in her room", Liam answered. "How sure are we that the enemy wouldn't reach this far?", Xylan tried to head back but Liam grabbed on his hand. "Please, Your Highness. You are the future of this Kingdom", Liam tried to convince with the emotions displayed in his eyes. "This rebellion made it clearer", Liam continued. 

Carriage

Someone had his hood on. "Are you going to do this? You're going to have your head rolling on the platform once they capture you", Olivia, the daughter of the minister of coins opened her fan. "Same goes with you, Lady. If you're seen assisting me, they will see you as an accomplice", Keane sighed. "Aren't you going to kneel and beg for me to clear your name? My father is powerful", she said with an arrogant tone. "You sound like someone I knew in the past", Keane had a short laugh. He opened the curtain and saw that they were near the palace. 

"Are you referring to that Eleanor?", Olivia clicked her tongue

"Are you referring to that Eleanor?", Olivia clicked her tongue. "I hate it when people make comparisons between the two of us. We're not the same", she crossed her leg. "Anyways, thank you for making me reach this place", Keane held tight on his sword. Keane opened the window and prepared to jump off. "Since you're going to disappear, aren't you going to leave any words to the woman you love?", Olivia tugged on his sleeve. "Just like how I never realized Aileen's feeling towards me, for her not to realize it either would be a fitting punishment for me", Keane gave a smile. Olivia covered her face with the fan and let go of his sleeve.