#32: Uncaged

Palace
Garden

Eleanor walked behind Liam thinking about Kiel. "You seem bothered", Liam noticed. "Gil went back to his house", Eleanor would be talking to Gil about the matter with Kiel if only he was around.

Liam caught a petal from Eleanor's hair. "It's blooming this year", Liam looked up at the cherry blossom. "Sir Liam, can I please take a leave this afternoon? I want to check on something", Eleanor asked for permission. "Sure. The Prince already foresaw that you would be. He asked me to do your tasks instead", Liam informed. Eleanor bowed very low and left.

Queen's Cabin

Olivia and Claudia were the only ones who were early.

"I notice that you always carry birds around, Lady Olivia", Claudia tried to initiate a conversation. "Hmft. Don't push your luck on me just because you were chosen as a candidate", Olivia scoffed. Claudia forced laughter. "The Crown Prince only did that to raise the morale of the merchants", she explained. "Hearing it that way. I can't help but ask why the Prince would do something nice to you", Olivia put the bird back in its cage.

The Queen entered and the two bowed.

She looked at the bird.

"Do you think birds are better inside cages?", Dorsel asked. "Ah. I will let it go if you wish, Your Grace", Olivia panicked. "Leave it so. A caged bird will find it difficult to live in the wild", Dorsel smiled as she answered.

 A caged bird will find it difficult to live in the wild", Dorsel smiled as she answered

Fiona entered in her military uniform. "Thank you for coming. And so, I believe your preparations are finished", Dorsel looked at them. "I am removing myself from this committee. I already have my position in the military. I will be protecting the Crown Prince from any harm", Fiona said with bitterness. "Eih. Are you feeling down that Aileen was chosen over you? That's natural. She's mature, logical, and she's got greater connections", Olivia chuckled. "Watch your tongue, lady. It might fall", Fiona held onto her sword. Olivia hid behind Claudia.

"I understand your position. I will fill in the gap you will leave in the committee", Claudia assured. "That's good then", Fiona bowed and then left.

"Ah. She's upset for not being chosen", Olivia mocked her.

"That's a great gap for you to fill in. Lady Fiona is supposed to be in charge of the banquet wine", Olivia looked at Claudia. "It's okay. As long as it's for the Kingdom", Claudia smiled. Dorsel found Claudia pleasing. "But... I can't help but think that Eleanor has a chance if she still longs for the Crown Prince", Claudia commented.

"That I'll mannered brat?", Olivia showed disgust. "She's not the person she was before any more", Claudia tried to convince her.

"Hm? She's still the same. Why do you think Sir Gilbert retired as her tutor? She's probably annoying", Olivia laughed. "Sir Gilbert left due to a different matter. He's trying to restore their reputation", Dorsel joined the conversation. "But, Your Grace. Whatever he does to restore it. Some stains won't go. They will forever be a prisoner of the things they committed", Olivia looked at the sky. "Murders, Corrupt, and Monsters", she commented.