#15: Growing Up

Council Training Ground
River

Eleanor braced herself and dipped inside the water. "Wah. That seems so cold", Jenos appeared out of nowhere.

"Jenos!", Eleanor hid behind the rock. "Some people are still passing over here. I'll be facing the other side so just make it fast and take a bath", Jenos clicked his tongue. 

"The view is not bad", Jenos commented

"The view is not bad", Jenos commented. "You shouldn't peek. I will ban you from coming here!", Eleanor leeched on the rock to avoid being seen. "Who said I am looking at you? You're not even an inch close compared to the view of the river", the white-head clicked his tongue. 

Open Space

"The Elder Ren has arrived today", one of the guards informed.

Eleanor wore training clothes with the rest of the apprentices. She noticed that they were not just coming from their empire. There are also a lot of foreigners.

"A council member should also be fit when it comes to their body. For three months, I will be overseeing your military training. Rest assured. I am far kinder than the High Council's leader. In the morning, you will study with the teachers. In the afternoon, you will train with me. In the evening, you will study individually!", Ren announced.

"No one told me about this", Eleanor whispered to Jenos. "You're not the only one", Jenos was also curious. Ren saw two youngsters talking to each other.

"Of course. I will not show any mercy whether you are a woman, my brother, son of dukes, or even a merchant", Ren smirked at the two. "Broth...", Eleanor finally recognized their resemblance. The lady felt chills as soon as the council was in front of them. "I wonder how my brother is doing", the Council patted the lad's shoulder. 

After two hours of runningEleanor lay flat on the ground

Eleanor lay flat on the ground. "That is unhygienic", Ren looked down at her and prepared his lashing weapon. "If you do that, we're just like slaves being forced around", Jenos appeared and pulled Eleanor's hand. Ren was amused that his brother was helping the lady get up.

Night Time
Dining Hall

For the whole week, some foreigners and apprentices took an interest in Eleanor and started to approach her. She made friends with Zakili, Jared, and Roy. They don't stand out that much because they look like scaredy cats cast in a lion's den.