#23: Who Left and Stayed?

Dress Shop 

"Dad, why are we here?", Eleanor looked at Charles and saw how many ladies swarmed over the place. There is no doubt that Charles' face is such a rare gem. 

"I wonder what Gil is doing right now", Eleanor opened a topic. "He better stay at home and not get near you more often as he needs to", Charles gave a scary face.

This guy is just 35 years old

This guy is just 35 years old. He didn't seem to age that much.

"Duke Charles, we have these new designs coming from the market. Does Lady Eleanor like them?", the shop owner cowered as soon as she sees the lady. She must have suffered the lady's sharp tongue whenever she comes by to give critique. "It's a great design, Dad. I would prefer if there would be fewer ribbons and laces", Eleanor smiled. "That was surprising", the shop owner covered her mouth. "You may speak", Charles knew she was about to say something. "Lady Eleanor had always wanted to have more ruffles and ribbon. I thought these dresses will suit your taste", she bowed her head.

"I kind of...outgrown that design. It's a great one, anyways", Eleanor commented. They purchased some dresses. "Dad, should we have matching clothes?", Eleanor suggested. Charles just nodded and gave in to the lady's request.

"Thanks to the young lady, we were able to have more customers. If she hadn't given her honest comments regarding our dress. We might be in a slump now", the dress owner smiled at Eleanor.

Restaurant

Charles looked around. He seems to be thinking of something. "Dad, you're quite popular with the women in the street. I bet you're a lady killer before", Eleanor chuckled. "I haven't yet killed a woman", Charles said with a straight face. Eleanor facepalmed. "I mean. Never mind", Eleanor pouted. "I got dumped by your mother. If not because of the Emperor helping me out, she wouldn't be my wife and you might not have existed", Charles narrated with a smile on his face.

 If not because of the Emperor helping me out, she wouldn't be my wife and you might not have existed", Charles narrated with a smile on his face

"I want to hear more of that. I haven't asked anything about Mom", Eleanor recalled. "This might ruin your appetite", Charles stabbed his steak. "I love it when you're talking about Mom. Because when you do, you look the happiest. It might bring some bad memories but I pray that we will be able to talk about matters without us ripping our hearts out", Eleanor also started to dig in her food. Charles patted Eleanor's head.