#42: As Promised: The End

Palace- Crowning Ceremony

It was a month after the rebellion. The lives of the people are starting to go back to normal but the looming trauma was instilled in their minds. Some decided to leave and decided to move to provinces where their business could still thrive. To arouse hope in the hearts of the remaining people in the capital, the Emperor decided to abdicate the throne to his son, Xylan.

 Again, the important nobles and merchants, as well as the High Council were gathered to witness the crowning of the new Emperor. The royal guards are more attentive this time. "Does she plan on ruining her image again?", Jenos sighed as he looked at the empty seat beside him. "She'll be making a surprising entrance as always", Ren chuckled. The priest already entered the throne room. Behind him would be Xylan wearing a white robe. 

The crowd was startled to see someone else behind the Crown Prince. They gasped with the impression that she might be playing an unexpected role. She was also wearing a white overall. Since the Crown Prince did not announce the woman she will marry, this will be a great chance to do so. 

Fiona clicked her tongue and Claudia heard it

Fiona clicked her tongue and Claudia heard it. She stared behind and had a nervous laugh. "If it will be her, I would rather choose you", Fiona face-palmed. "Don't be like that, lady Fiona. Ellie is more refined now", Claudia said while looking at Eleanor. "Where is that know-it-all woman? I couldn't see her anywhere", Fiona said. "Aileen?", Claudia had a weak smile. "She disappeared all of a sudden", Claudia answered. Fiona furrowed her brow. "And the Royal Advisor isn't doing anything to find her?", Fiona raised her brow. "Maybe because she's not lost after all", Claudia raised her head and watched Xylan get crowned. Fiona smirked and had a short laugh. "You're all an idiot", she commented. 

"I, Theodore Darius Andaira, third of my name would abdicate my throne to my son, Xylan Rex Andaria, first of his name. The glowing rays from the sun will continue to shine on him. As for how you accepted me as your Emperor, I implore you to do the same to him, the new Hope of Andaria", Theo said with his low and condescending voice. 

Xylan knelt and closed his eyes. This was the very reason he was kept alive. His heart was pounding and he couldn't seem to understand any words coming from his father's mouth. His beating heart was louder than anything else. He rehearsed the number of times on how to face the crowd once the crown was on his head. "He's smiling down on you, Your Highness. With all my heart, I know, he's proud that his brother is already standing in this very place", Eleanor said with a soft voice. She was just a few feet away and also kneeling before the Emperor. 

Xylan smiled and received the crown. "I present to you, His Grace. Xylan Rex Andaria. 42th Emperor of Andaria", Theo introduced. The crowd knelt and showed respect to the new Emperor. 

Balcony

The banquet started and the banquet hall was filled with noise. "What are you doing behind his grace?!", Fineil knocked off her head. "That hurts", Eleanor whined. "I should have done it harder", the High Council was raging with anger. "Come on, there's nothing major that happened", Ren pushed him away and Rufus followed as well.