#14: Welcome To My Life

House of Varian
Outside the main door 

Gilbert sighed and dropped a book in Eleanor's hand. It was a small book with magical stories. "You might get bored sometimes. I packed some similar books in your luggage. You're still a child, after all. Whenever you're left alone in the library, you would hide under my table and read these things", Gilbert cupped her face. Eleanor flushed and wondered how he knew about it.

Charles slapped his hand

Charles slapped his hand. "Get away from my daughter!", Charles hissed. 

After some farewell remarks, Eleanor climbed the Council carriage. She looked at Rendell looking worried. "It's my first time leaving the house without Rendell. I'm a little worried. I hope you'll be the one to fetch me when I'm done with the training", Eleanor smiled at the man. He felt like his heart stopped. "Of course, Milady. Anywhere you are. I'll be there to fetch you", Rendell smiled.

Palace
Crown Prince's Office 

"Liam, it's this time of the year that the Palace will hold a banquet for candidate picking again", Xylan clicked his tongue.

"The Emperor was busy with some foreign issues last year that's why you weren't able to celebrate your coming of age. Next year, you'll be turning 19 and I think that's the time the Emperor will officially have you choose your partner", Liam remembered. "Who do you think should I choose? The Marquess had expressed his desire to permit his daughter to be a candidate. Just some days ago, there were rumors that the House of Sailine is also considering it as a symbol of the Kingdom accepting the power of the merchant faction", Xylan placed his pen on the table.

"Lady Aileen is composed and mature. She's the one whose age is closest to you. Her work as the chancellor's aid is also amazing", Liam nodded. "On the other hand, if you choose the Marquess's daughter, your military control will be incomparable. You will also be able to control the northern provinces, who usually cause rebellions, as easily since they gave their loyalty to the House of Raven", Liam stood next to the Prince.

"And if you chose the lady from the House of Sailine, it will cause such a commotion. But then, you will be twice as influential as your father. For you to join the factions together, that will be once in a lifetime in the history of Andaria", Liam chuckled.