#6: Unknown Person

"You look outstanding

"You look outstanding. Nails that stick out get hammered down. Have you heard of that?".

Eh?! Who is this person?

"I haven't heard of you before. I am Eleanor from the house of Varian. And you are?", the lady innocently asked for the lad's name. The white-head grabbed on her wrist and whispered. 

You don't have to get chummy with me.

"Hands off to that lady", the three of them are standing in the hallway. It was the crowned prince who got in between them.  Fortunately, there were just a few butlers and maids around. The guests haven't arrived yet.

"I thought you hadn't given any thought to Lady Eleanor", the white-haired removed his grip on the blonde lady. "I don't. He's my brother's lady of the night. It is such a disgrace for a lady to be spending the ball with another man. Aren't you ashamed of that?", Xylan explained so calmly. Eleanor a generous distance. "What, you're the one who loves attention. That's why you cause uproars", the whitehead chuckled. 

The ball started. 

Everyone was eyeing Eleanor. She was still an eye-catcher. Her dress wasn't what she usually desired to wear but it was simple and sophisticated. 

"Here is my gift to you, Ellie", Keane gave me a pretty blue box. "It's not my birthday or anything", Eleanor laughed nervously feeling the eyes dotting her. "Think of it as my congratulatory gift", the prince chuckled. She opened it and it was a broch. "It's beautiful. They look like my eyes. I will treasure this, Your Highness", Eleanor was pleased.

"It's a good thing that Father allowed you to join the gatherings again", Keane offered his hand. Eleanor felt hesitant to take it. She still did since it would be offensive to reject his offer. "Your Highness, I apologize in advance. I came here without practicing how to dance. Are there any for me not to participate?", Eleanor whispered. "That's unusual. You love dancing. Even the queen and empress are amazed by your graceful steps", Keane informed. Eleanor gulped. The thing is, she was the worst at dancing.

If I only took the dancing lesson my PE teacher offered when I was in High School.

Keane looked around and saw Xylan on the balcony.

"Why don't you take some fresh air?", Keanne slightly pushed her into the balcony where some guards had taken their post.

Eleanor was amazed at the town's light. The capital was filled with lovely streetlights. "Ah, how I wish I could see this from my balcony", Eleanor was smiling from ear to ear. "Are you here to plot another assassination for me?", she heard a familiar and cold voice. Eleanor jumped to the side as soon as she saw Xylan sitting on the couch placed on the balcony. She gulped.

"Forgive me for interrupting your rest time", Eleanor stepped back. "You sound different from the last time. Is that your new strategy? Whatever you do, I will never recognize you as a candidate for being an empress", Xylan made it clear. Eleanor's mouth twitched. "I will take note of that, Your Highness", Eleanor bowed and tried to open the door. "I told the guards to lock it until the ball was over", Xylan looked away and sighed. It means she will get stuck with the guy.