#22: Finally, Last Day

Last Day of the Festival

Palace Hall

"Stunning as ever, Lady Fiona"

"There's no mistake. You might be wedded to the Prince anytime soon".

"You also did well in commanding the guards".

"Lady Fiona, we invite you to my daughter's coming of age. You will be a good epitome for her".

Fiona felt annoyed with everything she was hearing

Claudia entered with his brother as her escort. She wore a long green dress with golden linings. It is said to have been created by the newly established dress shop in town by the merchants.

"Welcome to the real high society", Fiona said and Claudia was able to lip-read it.

Some ladies appreciate her gowns. "Can we also go and have our dress made in that shop?".

"Why not? The shop owner will be willing enough to accommodate you", Claudia tried to fit in. The family represented by the merchant faction also gave their praises for being able to manage the streets of the Capital.

Hallway
Aileen looked around to see if Keane was present but he was missing in action. "Lady Aileen, I heard that the Prince was supposed to escort you. It seems that he is having another meeting with the neighboring Kingdom. The Crown Prince wishes to escort you in his brother's place", Liam informed. Aileen looked at the lad. "If that would be so, it will create some misunderstandings", Aileen bowed her head.

"Gil. We're going to be the last person who shows up", they heard a familiar voice. Eleanor met eyes with Aileen. "It's been a while, Lady Eleanor. Congratulations on being a member of the council", Aileen greeted.

"Lady Aileen, let us go", Xylan offered his hand. Aileen gave Eleanor before taking it. "I am looking forward to having a conversation with you, Lady Aileen", Eleanor smiled.

Palace Hallway

"Here she is. It's funny that she entered after the Prince. Did she try to ask him to be his escort?"

"She's not hand-picked to be a candidate".

"What is she even doing here? She didn't do anything for the Festival".

"I bet she used his father's influence to be a Council Member".

"Isn't that the only son of Francisca? What is he doing with such a child?".

"Did he start licking Duke Charles' shoe?"

"Lady Eleanor, you look outstanding", Claudia went near Eleanor. She noticed Eleanor's pissed-off face. "Are you feeling ill?", Claudia whispered. "I understand their claims of me but they should leave Gilbert out of this", Eleanor's face is still showing irritation.