#2: Closet Game

I was locked up in a dream and I couldn't manage to wake up. I tried jumping out of the window but the butlers and maids were all begging since their duke might kill them all.

I tried stabbing myself with a knife but I might feel the pain so I passed. Also, the blade looks so scary. I feel bad stealing from the chef's kitchen. 

I also tried to slap myself a hundred times but Mari was giving me a weird look.

It's already nighttime. Aren't they going to call me for dinner? 

There is nothing much to do here. 

Eleanor roamed around the hallways and saw a lot of photos. It seems to be the family portraits.

Oh, is that this girl? She's pretty warm to look at

Oh, is that this girl? She's pretty warm to look at. That's a good smile she's wearing. 

"Lady Eleanor hated this portrait. She hated looking at it so she avoids walking in this hallway", Mari informed. She felt like Eleanor this time just a rabbit hopping around the place. "I don't find it ugly or what. She's smiling in this portrait and seems to be having fun", Eleanor chuckled. Mari gulped.

"Are you another spirit inside Lady Eleanor?", Mari stepped back. Eleanor gasped and held Mari's hand. "Mari. You figured it out. You are right. I'm stuck in someone else's body. I'm trying to wake up from this dream that's why I was trying to jump out of the window. Maybe you can help me out. They say that being jump-scared will do the trick", Eleanor explained her actions. The old lady cannot even imagine being an accomplice to her suggestions. 

Mari sighed and gently removed Eleanor's hand. "My lady. I will call another doctor tomorrow. Your mind must have been mixed up", Mari bowed politely and started to walk away.

That was stupid of me.

At the same time, Charles went up and saw Eleanor standing in front of the portrait she hated. "Are you hungry? Let's go eat together", Charles reached out his hand. Eleanor hesitantly took it. "Rendell told me that you lost your memory. Don't worry. We'll get to gather them little by little", Charles assured. Eleanor felt warmth through Charles' huge hand. "Rendell?", Eleanor asked. "He's your favorite butler. You said that he's so sensitive and you enjoyed watching him cry", Charles informed.

Grub! This girl is such a sadist.

Dining Hall

They entered the dining hall and Eleanor's eyes widened to see a huge chandelier and a buffet on a large table. They are to sit from a distance.

"Then, how are you feeling now?", Charles asked.

"I'm a little dizzy at times but I can manage. Mari gave me some kind of bitter drink but she said that's for medicine", Eleanor excitedly reported. Charles was just with a poker face. Did she go overboard? Is she allowed to say that?