#10: Deep Inside

Town
Cake Shop

Eleanor, Claudia, and Aileen are cramped on one table. They happened to see Aileen on the busy street. Eleanor called for her to join.

That table looks dangerous

Wha! That's such a shock.

"Seems like a crime to eat such beautiful craft", the blonde clasped her hands together. "I can't believe you would be focusing too much on food while we're being feasted upon", Aileen sighed. 

Eleanor leaned close to Claudia. "Why are people creating more uproar this time?", she whispered. "Ah, you are in front of the only candidate for the Crown Prince. Also, my house and her house are...", Claudia looked at Aileen and flinched when her eyes met with emerald eyes.

"The house of Tales isn't on good terms with Sailine because of some matters. My father is the Chancellor who is the leader of the noble faction. Sir Rene, Claudia's father is someone whom the merchant factions had placed as their leader", Aileen informed. "Woah. I'm acquainted with the daughters of two important people", Eleanor cupped her face.

"Then, I heard from my father that you are trying to enter the council. Did that fall hit you that much?", Aileen asked. Eleanor sighed and leaned on the table. "Those ladies were right. I'm not doing something in my life. I asked Claudia and she said that she's also starting her clothing shop with some merchant kids. I'm so ashamed", Eleanor burrowed her face. "You're the kind of person who's just fine as long as you breathe and get attention from the Crown Prince", Aileen said without hesitation. 

"But I want to make Dad proud of me as well", Eleanor moved her feet inside the table. It hit Aileen's leg. "Hey you!", Aileen had veins popping on her head. Claudia panicked. "Do you really like to enter the Council?", Aileen asked. Eleanor raised her head with eyes shining bright. She was very interested in the government of the Andaria Empire. She nodded violently. "Ellie, your head is going to fall off", Claudia held her head. 

"Thank you, Aileen. I owe you one", Eleanor smiled widely. "Don't thank me yet. One day, I will ask a favor from you too", Aileen sighed. "Ah. Is that regarding the Crown Prince? I was stupid for pursuing the Crown Prince or even the Prince. I am nothing to be compared to them. I'd be focusing on being a part of the Council", Eleanor expressed her plan. Aileen clenched her dress and Claudia saw it. "I see. Suit yourself then. The Marquess announced his desire to have his daughter considered for the position", Aileen informed. "I'd give you my full support. Just tell me when you will be needing me", Eleanor gave a thumbs up.