#18: Hero's Welcome

Palace Hallway

"This is such a dangerous group to belong to", Fiona opened up since the silence is deafening. 

"We are called to work together

"We are called to work together. If any of us tries to get ahead of the other, we will all fail", Aileen looked at Fiona. "You're such a team player, aren't you? Lady Aileen", Fiona dropped her hand on her shoulder. Aileen shrugged it off. Claudia panicked and looked for any knight to stop them just in case they started fighting.

"Ladies, what an unusual sight to see you all together", Keane passed by. "Your Highness", they all bowed. "If Ellie will be here, she might also be joining your crew", he laughed at his statement. "Your Highness, you seem to be coming from your training. Are you planning to join the Royal Knights?", Fiona noticed. "There is no way. The Royal Knights are far stronger than I am", Keanne chuckled. Aileen saw some bruises on his arms. "If you may excuse us, I have something to tell His Highness", Aileen excused. Keanne nodded and followed after her.

Claudia felt scared being around Fiona. She's the daughter of the Marquess. "Shall we go and have a cup of tea?", Fiona invited. The brown haired was startled but she cannot imagine what would happen if she rejected the offer so she just tagged along. 

Training Ground

This doesn't seem like a place for tea

"Lady Fiona, we're honored to be visited by you", the soldiers gave their salute. Claudia was awed by how the white-haired lady established her presence amid the royal knights. "Father said that he'll be testing everyone if you're lacking with your strength. He said that he'll give his sword to whoever beats Duke Silverstone", she gave a short laugh. 

Finally, the knights saw Claudia behind the lady. "Oh, you brought your friend", they all gave a smile. Since Fiona spends most of her time with the soldiers, they worry that she might forget being a woman. "She is the daughter of the House of Sailine. Make sure to memorize her face. She might be the Empress or the Queen in the future", the lady said with a bored tone. The knights nodded and stared intently at Claudia's face. 

They seriously took note of Lady Fiona's words. 

Mountain

Council Training ground
River