#11: Snakes And Rats

Council Building

Eleanor still sits inside the carriage. Gilbert watches her do some kind of ritual. "Is that to keep yourself from getting nervous?", Gilbert asked.

"You said the exam includes talking to some member of the council

"You said the exam includes talking to some member of the council. They are just people. So, I draw a person in my palm and eat them", Eleanor explained. Gilbert flinched. "You eat them", his facepalmed.

Rendell opened the door and offered his hand. She was wearing white gloves that Charles gave her as a lucky charm. "Rendell, let's go home", Eleanor pressed her lips together. Gilbert pushed her but Rendell was able to catch her. "Your studies will not betray you. I know you can do it", Gilbert drew a person in his palm. "Open your mouth", Gilbert commanded. Eleanor did so and Gilbert pressed his palm on her lips. "Go, now", Gilbert smiled. Eleanor flushed.

"Tch, you made it sound cool", Eleanor pouted then marched toward the gate.

She can see a lot of young and older men rush inside.

Examination Room

"Young people are taking this like a game?".

"Who allowed a kid to show up?!"

"This is my 10th try".

"Ah! This sucks, the examiner changed?"

"This means that all those mentoring about the exam is useless"

Eleanor breathed in and started to answer the exam paper. This was at par with the university test she had. Most importantly, she's doing well just as how she did on the University Entrance exam.

Wow. Gilbert taught me how to memorize the timeline of this empire. It's here.

Geography is a good thing that I have developed a pictogram way of reviewing.

The rest of the exams have much to do with politics.

They were given an hour to rest and the face-to-face examination with the council member will start.

Council Garden

Eleanor saw Saphira running towards her. "Be careful, Saphy", Eleanor held on her stomach. "Ah, of course. I was just relieved to see you before you go back inside", Saphira opened the basket and placed a mat to spread the foods they prepared for the lady.

"I'll be standing on the side, milady", Saphira bowed. "Saphy, why don't you join me as well? I won't be able to finish this much", Eleanor invited. "I don't think that is allowed by...", Saphira was cut off when Eleanor grabbed her hand.

"The head maid is not here", Eleanor chuckled.

Council Room

Eleanor was amazed to see how tall the ceiling was. The walls are also properly cushioned. The door is just enough for one person to fit in.