#41: A Glimpse of You

"It felt like I was drowning in a long dream"

I wish I could experience the same. Maybe, when I get transported to a different world, I could live an easier life. In that world, can I exist with my brother without the threat of being chosen of who should be left alive? The thought of rebellion crept into my bones immobilizing me? If my father, who was revered by many neighboring Kingdoms would be put in this surprise attack, how could my inexperience leadership solve this? 

Am I allowed to say this? It's truly lonely, to be on the top. 

Also, I wondered if in that world...

Am I allowed to chose the one I love rather than loving that one I chose?

Crown Prince's Room

Slowly gaining consciousness, he suddenly felt the pain all over his body. Still wanting to immerse in his self-talk, he continued lying down with his eyes close. She could hear someone humming a comforting song. If he opens his eyes, what would be the first reaction of that person. If he opens his mouth, what would be the first thing that would leave his mouth. This was one of those days where he would like to recreate his acting of being sick just to get away from his responsibilities when he was younger. If he becomes the emperor, will he be forgiven for resting for a little more?

 If he becomes the emperor, will he be forgiven for resting for a little more?

He opened his eyes and was welcomed with the sight of a woman's back. It was a surprise that she was the one who he saw first thing after waking up from a nightmare. The woman saw her and gasped. She frantically looked for something to do. She carefully poured water into the glass. 

"Drink, Your Highness", she said nervously. She seems to have paler skin and also eyes that show a sleepless night. He slowly sat down and was assisted by the woman. "Should I get something else? The head maid is still attending to His Grace. Should I get someone else?", she panicked. Xylan reached out his hand signaling her to get closer. "Thank you for taking care of me", Xylan smiled. Her presence was always soothing. She could be clumsy at times but when she put on a brave front, he couldn't help but appreciate her courage. 

Claudia nodded and sat on the bed. "You were unconscious for four days already. I'm so glad you opened your eyes, Your Highness", Claudia's eyes warmed. "How about Liam?", he flinched. "Sir Liam is already fine. He broke some bones but the doctor said he'll recover after some time", Claudia informed. "About Ele...", Xylan paused. "Ellie is still at the secret passage where you were found. His father already tried to convince her to leave but she kept digging into the rubbles", Claudia said with a weak voice. "I see", Xylan drank the water she served. "Would you like me to call her instead?", Claudia sheepishly asked.