#17: Extension

Pinning Ceremony 

Jenos looked around to see if Eleanor was around but she was nowhere to be found. "For everyone who did their best for this training, you are all congratulated. Some of you will be continuing the last month of training and some will go home. Because of the urgency of Council Members, Jenos Adrian Silverton will be brought to the Capital at once", Fineil informed.

"You don't have to worry if you would like to see her again. Since you'll also go back to the Capital", Ren winked. Jenos ignored him.

"That's if... She wants to go back", Ren smiled.

Garden
"It's already spring. Time flies fast", she sighed and looked at the rose.

"I've been looking for you", Jenos came panting. Eleanor was puzzled as to why he looked so sweaty and worried. She stared at his left side and saw a pin. Jenos covered it. "You deserve to be the one who's standing on the stage. I am frustrated that my brother or even the teachers won't stand up for you", Jenos clenched his fist. Eleanor held it. "Thank Jenos but... If they do that, isn't it useless to teach the apprentice about justice and not practice it themselves", Eleanor smiled. Jenos was taken back and looked at Eleanor holding his hand. The girl took a rose and smelled it. "They smell like the ones on my garden as well", Eleanor commented.

Jenos wanted to pat her shoulder but wouldn't it look like he was pitying her? "Jenos, I'm glad I had this training with you. With you being my roommate, I was able to survive the mornings. I wouldn't have to worry about getting late because you would do everything just to wake me up", Eleanor smiled.

"That was just for my entertainment", Jenos turned around.

"Once we go back to the Capital, I will be asking you to be my aid...if you still want to serve the council. Once you're ready, take the exam again", Jenos covered his mouth. "Thank you for your consideration", Eleanor breathed deeply.

"I'm going to stay here for another 6 months", Eleanor informed. Jenos faced her with surprise. "Your brother came to me this morning. I was about to cry so hard but his words comforted me. He offered 6 more months of staying here. He said a good trainer will come and strengthen my physical body", Eleanor said proudly.

"Why do we have to undergo physical training?", Jenos sighed.

"Because they don't want another massacre to happen", Eleanor said with a soft voice. Jenos looked away. "Your brother said that your grandfather was one of those who were killed in the rebellion. Elder Ren explained to me that the Emperor promised to never wage war again but the Council requested to have the members be trained in swords as well. In that rebellion, it was such a one-sided battle. I understand why I have to take this training, Jenos. If I want to be a Council Member, I should at least learn how to protect myself", Eleanor chucked.

"Then, I'll be going ahead. Are you sure? You won't get to see your father", Jenos opened. "I already wrote a letter", Eleanor looked at the sky.

Dad,

Sorry for being a little more selfish. Please understand that I really want to be a council member. Also, I am having a great time here with my friends and teachers. Dad, don't worry about me too much. Did Saphira already give birth? I think that Belladonna is a good name for her child. If it's a boy... I want it to be named Tyrion.

Claudia,
I wasn't able to attend your 17th birthday. I deeply apologize for that. I'll be staying here in the Mountains for a little more.....(about cakes and sweet food in the training ground).

One more year and you will reach your coming of age. I wonder if you're also going to get married early.

Aileen,