#21: Replacement For The Prince

House of Varian
3rd Day of Festival

Eleanor lay flat on the receiving room couch. Gilbert carried her in his arms. "You will catch a cold if you sleep there", Gilbert chuckled to see how tired she was. Eleanor hugged him back. "Gil, I missed you. It's a good thing that Dad isn't around. But then, really, I'm so happy to see you again", Eleanor burrowed her face into Gilbert and fell asleep.

Gilbert went out of her room and met Oliver. "You managed to tame our little tiger, Sir Tutor", Oliver patted his shoulder. "Sir Oliver, welcome back. Are you here for the lady? She's asleep", Gilbert informed. "I know, I was watching from the stairs. You didn't even notice me", Oliver was hurt.

"Anyways, I think our little tiger is starting to grow a little bigger

"Anyways, I think our little tiger is starting to grow a little bigger. It's time for you to think of yourself as well. She will mostly be staying at the Palace and there's no other work to do here. How about you go back to your father's house? He's already old and all your sisters are married. You're the only one who can inherit the House", Oliver said worriedly. "Even if I only get to spend a few hours with the lady, it's enough for me", Gilbert said with a weak smile. 

4th Day
Palace Corridor 

Eleanor gulped as he walked behind Xylan and Fiona. They were headed outside. 

"Your Highness, there were some cases of burglary from the outer town but the guards were able to deal with the burglars. As of now, we kept them in the cellar. The peace inside the town hasn't been disturbed", Fiona said wearing her Knight uniform.

As expected from the Marquess's daughter. Even if I haven't seen her fight, I already know she's been trained all her life.

She turned around and ignored Eleanor. The blonde's eyes twitched. Was she just ignored and treated like thin air? "You look outstanding on your knight uniform. You told me that you'd rather wear it everyday. Once you become the Empress, you might not be holding a sword as often as you want to", the man said. 

The silver head suddenly attacked him but he was fast to defend himself

The silver head suddenly attacked him but he was fast to defend himself. "I don't want that", she said with her face flushed. "As always, you're quite hard to read", Xylan commented and gave a short laugh. Eleanor was about to faint seeing them exchange a few hand-to-hand combat. Xylan won the short test of strength. They had a few conversations that Eleanor wasn't able to hear since she made a generous distance. She doesn't want to get caught in their brawl.